Chapter 2: Friday, 2nd February

The room was white. The bed sheets were white. Even my clothes were white. This is what I has been greeted to when I fist woke up a few minutes ago, a white nightmare.

It looked like a hospital room, probably was. You know, like the ones that you see on the movies. There were a few spare beds with pulled up sheets on my left, but really nothing else. There were no doors, windows or any breaks in the wall, except for the door that was a bit further down to my right.

That was the only way I would be able to escape this place, this stupid prison. I didn't even know what I was doing here, let alone where 'here' was.

My life so far was ruined, my cover was blown. Why? Because they have seen my face. I didn't realise it at first, but I became aware of the absence of my hoodie that usually concealed my identity.

I couldn't use my powers either. I had tried many times to sink back into the bed and escape the handcuffs that bound my hands to the bed frame. No magic worked either, because I had tried that too.

I had been caught. I had finally been caught. Whoever did this is probably celebrating with a bottle of champagne and little biscuits right now, all because they had won. They had done the impossible and caught the shadow.

The door to my right slid open and they steeped in. One was dressed in black from head to toe, even a mask covering his face. No skin was visible on him except for his mouth and jaw, which the mask still exposed. The other had long blonde hair that fell behind her shoulders. She had no mask covering her face. That probably a downside for me though because I could see the hard expression that was plastered on her face. I knew who they were though, everyone does.

Batman and Black Canary.

Their gazes were both fixed on me as they neared my bed. I remained still, unmoving. Unspeaking.

"You're awake." Batman said. He stared at me waiting for a reply. When he realised that I wasn't going to give him one he sighed and looked at Canary for support. She stepped up to the bedside.

"Look, I know you're probably a little scared right now, but rest assured we aren't going to hurt you, nor will we ever. We just want to talk." She said. "And I know that you probably aren't going to speak to us, but that's okay. We aren't going to make you, but we are here just in case you might want to talk."

I stared at her confused. They, who I'm guessing is the Justice League, brought me here just to...talk? That couldn't be right. No, the Justice League had to have other plans for me. I was a criminal after all. It wouldn't be right I just let me get away with everything I have done.

Then I lifted up my head and did something that shocked the both of them, well I'm assuming it did.

I spoke.

"Why am I really here?" I asked. I looked at them. Batman had his usual blank face on and didn't let on that he was even slightly startled. Canary had a similar face. Although I could see through her facade, and she was defiantly surprised.

"Well, do you want the truth straight up?" Batman asked. I nodded.

"I have been searching for you for quite a while now. Every time I think I have you, you slip out of my grasp and I have to find your trail all over again. You have been causing trouble with the police for a long time now, but you never hurt anyone. That is what has everyone so confused." He said.

Confused. I smiled to myself, that's what I had been going for.

"This has been going on for five years now." He continued. "I know that night changed you, Ebony."

My breath caught in my throat. He knew my name, he knew what had happened. That night. That awful, horrible night. He knew about it, about all of it. How?