Chapter 23: Wednesday 21st February

The pain was excruciating.

Small, stabbing balls of fire burned continuously in the nasty bullet wounds I had received. I'm pretty sure I had screamed a few times as well.

I had no idea what was going on. The disappearance of my vision had created a great disadvantage in comprehending the happenings surrounding me. I knew I had not been moved from my spot in which I assumed was the bioship. I could hear people talking, though I couldn't concentrate enough to figure out the words that were said.

Then I felt my jacket being unzipped, and I had no way of objecting. A hand supported my back while another cradled my head, lifting me off the wall while another pair of hands took my jacket off. The pain coursing through my body became even more unbearable with the sudden movement.

The singlet top I was wearing underneath was lifted up, settling just above my gunshot wound. Something soft rested on my stomach, proceeding to travel carefully around my waist. A bandage, I decided.

I felt the same treatment being applied to my arm. But it hurt a lot more when the cloth was applied to the upper limb.

Of course, it had a bullet implanted inside it.

Whoever was supporting me laid me back down against the wall, which now seemed mould according to my body shape. My sitting position had just become a lot more comfortable.

A soft, ungloved hand laid itself across bullet wound. At first, I felt heat starting to radiate off the palm. And then, I felt magic pulse from the hand and echo around my injury. It wasn't harmful though, and it didn't hurt, quite the opposite in fact. I suspected whoever the hand belonged to, possessed experienced healing powers.

Though the same could not be said for my arm, the throbbing in my stomach had started to fade, just as it had it my head. Without as much aching in my bones, I started to concentrate on other things.

One of those things just happened to conveniently how exhausted I was.

Another was my vision, which had developed at least two clear spots of seeing in each each eye. It wasn't much, but it was enough to let me see a few things.

Three people were sitting faithfully by my side, while M'gann was piloting the bioship. Robin was on my left. Someone sporting a black and orange mask with matching body wear sat directly in front on me. On my right, was a pale, purple haired girl with a cloak that matched her long locks.

It took me a little bit of time to register who she was - longer than it should have, but Rachel was unmistakable in appearance. It confused me as to why my friend from school was here. And who was the other person - girl, I realised - in here with us?

I guess all those questions could wait. If they were working with the team, that was good enough for me. Especially since I'm pretty sure Rachel healed me.

So instead of worrying, I turned my head to Robin, and used what little strength I had to communicate.

"Where are we going?" I croaked out.

"The Batcave." Robin said. Now aware of consciousness, he moved closer and gently placed a hand on my own. "We're going to the Batcave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooooo!

So I know it's been a long time, and this update is short and shitty, but I've had a lot of complications with my life and my emotions and all that crap. I still don't understand the point of puberty: it's like 'yeah let's make all the teenagers go through a maze of problems - just because we can'. Like seriously, vote if you agree with me.

And I thought the meme was kinda funny, even though I don't personally ship Robin and Zatanna. I hate that ship. I wish it had never happened and I hope it never does again. I think I might add some conflict between Zatanna and my OC in my next Fanfiction. Would you guys like that?

Also, I know you probably don't care, but I just finished Skulduggery Pleasant: Last Stand Of Dead Men, and I literally sulked for the last two days and I'm literally crying inside. Why do the authors always make really, REALLY bad thing happen in books?

So anyway, vote and comment and let me know if you like the story, or the chapter, or whatever. It really means a lot to me.