Chapter 3: Friday, 2nd February

Turns out Canary had a very nice car. When I say a very nice car, I mean that it was absolutely amazing. A sleek black paint job, smooth steering and leather seats to die for.

The world whizzed by as we drove through streetlight lit streets of Star City. The clock in the car said that it was almost eight o'clock. I had been in that hospital room for almost a day. A day in all that horrible white. I sighed and leaned back against the seat.

My long, silky black hair hung over my shoulders. I hardly ever put it up, I preferred the look of it down. I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror on the side of the car door.

Some of my face was curtained by my hair, but you could still see how ghostly pale I was. Result of not going out in the sun at day. Surprisingly, I liked how pale my skin was. It was one of the many factors that made up my whole persona.

"We're here." Canary parked on the side of the road. Stepping out, I saw that we were in front of an old two-storey building that looked no different to all buildings on either side of it. The paint was peeling and I could see some of the walls were missing. I looked over at Canary skeptically.

"Looks can be deceiving," was all she said as she walked up to the front door.

I guess that was my fist lesson as her new apprentice. I still didn't know how she was going to train me with magic as well, considering I have never heard of her using it.

The door creaked as we stepped inside. I was old and barely hanging off its hinges. Footsteps echoed as we passed the isles of old clothes. Some were wrapped in plastic bags while others were just sitting there, collecting dust and slowly withering away to nothing.

Canary led me all the way to the back, where there was a storage cupboard. She opened the door and stepped inside, gesturing for me to do the same. She shut the door behind me which left the both of us in complete darkness. But I liked it that way.

I saw Canary running her hand along the back wall and quietly mumbling to herself. "Found it." She said. The whole back wall of the storage cupboard slid open to reveal a, what you would call 'warehouse type building'.

The walls were a dark green, almost black. There were yellow lights on the roof, lighting the entire facility. Looking around I saw rows of clothes. But there were other things as well, weapons. Bows, arrows, swords and guns. I think I even saw a few bombs.

Canary led me over to the side where a woman with grey hair sitting behind a desk. "Janet." She called. The woman looked up and smiled.

"Ah, Dinah. How nice to see you again." Janet said. She stood and and walked towards us.

"You're name is Dinah?" I whispered to Canary. She nodded.

"This is my new apprentice Shadow. She would like to get some new clothes." Canary gestured to me.

I smiled politely at Janet and she smiled back. "Well dear, come through this way." She led us through another door.

This room was a lot different to the warehouse. It had velvet red walls with golden lining. There were mannequins around the room that were draped with tape measures and half made clothes.

"Now little lady, let me take some measurements." She came over to me with a tape measure and started wrapping it around my waist and my arms.

I looked around for Canary and found her looking at one of the designs on a mannequin in the back corner. She looked over and smiled at me reassuringly. Janet was still pulling and tugging at me trying to get all of her correct measurements. I really didn't like how much human contact I was having right now.