Chapter 9: Saturday, 17th February

"Are you sure?"

Was I sure? I didn't know. I didn't know about a lot of things happening right now actually. Life was so confusing. But nevertheless, I knew I had to do this, for myself. Even if I wasn't ready.

"Yes, I'm sure." I confirmed.

Canary looked at me suspiciously from her seat in the therapy room. Apparently the League wanted me in therapy with Canary every week, especially considering what had happened on Sunday night with the purple-eyed cat.

"Shadow, going to school is a very big thing, especially since you'll be starting half way through the year. Is this something you really want to do?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied. "It's Saturday night, and I've spent all week thinking about this. I want to do this, I need to do this."

I didn't actually need anything, but I did certainly want it. Being around the team has made me accustomed to having friends again. But they're all at school during the day, and quite frankly, I'm as bored as hell.

"Okay then." Canary said. "I'll organise it so you can start at Gotham North on Monday."

"Thank you Canary, for everything." I said, standing up and leaving the room.

The smell of pancakes wafted down the empty halls as I walked through to the kitchen. M'gann was standing by the stove, as usual, flipping pancakes while the rest of the team slouched on the green couches spread across the room.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked.

"Uh, I think it's the first Pirates Of The Caribbean." Robin answered as I sat in the empty seat next to him.

Dark shades still covered his eyes like they always did, and I often found myself thinking about what colour his eyes actually were. A hazel green? Or maybe a shade of blue? I guess I would never know, as Wally told me Batman is very protective of both their identities.

I caught the eye of Artemis from her seat on Wally's lap. Although he was watching the movie, her eyes gleamed with excitement and motivation, meaning I would have to talk to her after.

"They're ready!" Megan cheered, levitating the plates of pancakes as she walked over.

"Seriously," Wally said as he got his, "whoever thought of having pancakes for dinner is pure genius."

I smiled at his eagerness to eat. M'gann placed my own plate full of heaven in my hands. Sitting it in my lap, I almost drooled at the sight of maple syrup running down the sides of the golden pancakes.

"Hey are you okay? You've been a little off all week." Robin asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired." I said, placing a fake smile on my face.

I did feel guilty about lying to Robin, because I so badly wanted to tell him what was going on. But I couldn't.

I couldn't bring myself to say the words, to admit that something strange was going on. To say that it scared me not knowing about it seemed like an impossibility. It was just something I couldn't ever achieve.

But for now, I blocked out those negative thoughts.

The only thing I was concentrating on, was devouring the entire plate of food that lie before me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, nice to see you again.

First, I want to say that I know this is a really bad chapter, more of a filler really. I have been very tired, so I will definitely go through this and edit on the weekend.

To all you Oncers out there, I have started a new fanfiction, 'Clouded Minds', if you go check that out it would be very appreciated. It doesn't have many reads and I would be thrilled if I could make it as popular as this book.

BECAUSE SERIOUSLY GUYS, WE'RE AT 600 READS. HOW BLOODY AMAZING IS THAT!!!!???? I AM ESTATIC BEYOND WORDS!!!!!

Thanks for reading guys. See you soon. (Short abrupt ending)