1

It's nothing out of the ordinary, really.

1.
I thought i would spend my summer just laying around in bed, or trying to find something to cool off with, either way, I'd be fine with it.

2.
That didnt happen, my parent just decided to go on a vacation with only my little sister knowing, she told them to go and didnt even get my opinion.

"What's wrong with letting them go? I mean, they need to let all the stress out and do some-- *cough* *cough* --thing." She said, smilling while looking at me, i sighed.

"Can you stop it with your perverted thoughts?" I paused, "and you're  supposed to be the younger sibling" i mumbled, but it was loud enough for her to hear.

"Can you stop being childish and let our parents go?" This time, she paused, "and you're  supposed to be the older sibling" she said back while smirking.

"How are we supposed to survive without them? I mean, YOU dont know how to cook and I dont too."

"Well, if you know how to shut up and listen to me then we can probably live."

"Im listening."

She gave me a piece of paper, it had an address. The owner of the hoise here is a friend of mine, I haven't asked her but I'm sure she wouldnt mind if you both stayed in here for a little while, Mom.

I sighed, "irresponsible." I thought

"You read it, right?" My sister said, she already had her things packed, "Im gonna wait here so why dont you get ready?"

"Sure, sure." I said.

It took us about an hour to arrive at the place. It was a traditional japanese-styled home, it was quite big but it looked  clean, it had a garden and pond with fishes on it.

I rang the doorbell.

A young girl-- maybe about my age --unlocked the gate and opened it, "who are you?" She said, pushing her black-brown hair aside, she had dark brown orbs and fair skin, she looked at us like we just entered her territory.

Which we probably did.

"Im Mamimoto Sanae, this is Mamimoto Riku" my sister said, smilling at her, "I haven't heard of those names before" she said, She then scloses the gates.

"Wawaa-- wait." I said, i held the gate to prevent her from closing it, "i dont want die of starvation, neither do i want to poison anyone!" I thought, "Is there someone else inside..? Maybe they knows us." I said, hoping that my mom's friend is there.

She sighed, "Come in then." She then walks, we quickly followed her.

"Ooooo, who knew having you could be useful." My sister says with a thumbs-up.

I flicked her forehead, she raised an eyebrow at me and lookd away with a 'hmph.'

___

"Grandmother."

A woman with short black hair looked at us, she had a spatula on her hand and sweet smile on her face.

"Hm? We have guests?" She said, going closer to us and adjusting her glasses.

"Mamimoto Sanae and Mamimoto Riku." She says, pointing at us, "Do you know them?"

The woman paused, thingking about it. Meanwhile, i looked at the place. It was japanese styled of course, but it also had a mix of another country. Wooden chairs instead of sofas and a coffee table, there wasn't a single pillow on the chairs, but in front of it was a big TV.

"Filipino."

"Hm?" Me and Sanae turned to see the girl, "Grandmother's husband was a filipino, that's why it has a mix of filipino culture." She says silently and calmly, not bothering to look at us.

"Oh." I said, how did she know i was thingking about that though?

"Ah! I remember now!" The woman says, smilling, "You're Amelia's kid's right? Have a seat. She said, sitting down at one of the wooden chairs, we did the same.

"How's Amelia these days? I hope she's not acting childish again." The woman said

"She is" i thought.

We talked for a while, the girl went upstairs silently, leaving us behind. We explained to the woman why we're here and stuff, after that she showed us or rooms.

"This is your room, Riku." She says, "I had a lot of children that's why i have a large house with plenty of rooms."

"It must be pretty lonely to be in this house."

"When school season comes, yes. But my granddaughter keeps me company during summer."

I raised an eyebrow, "She does?"

The woman nodded, "She's shy towards people she doesnt know, but she's really cheerful if you make her open up to you." She paused, "Whenever people visit me, she locks herself in her room and doesn't come out, i guess she's also as lonely as i am."

"S-sorry.." i said, "We must be bringing trouble then."

"Im worried that she wont come out this whole summer, can you do me a favor and be friends with her?" She said, smilling at me again.

I nodded, she left.

____

I said that but..

"I dont even havr a lot of friends at school! How am i supposed to make her open up to me??" I asked myself, rolling in bed.

Bang bang

"SHUT UP BROTHER I'M DOING MY SUMMER HOMEWORK" Sanae shouts.
"DONT YELL SANAE,  YOU'LL DISTURB THE PEOPLE IN HERE."
"YOU'RE YELLING TOO Y'KNOW."
"I AM NOT"
"AM TOO"
"AM NOT"
"AM TOO WITH A PERIOD, AND THATS FINAL."
"WELL I ERASED THE PERIOD AND I EXCHANGED IT WITH AM NOT AND I PUT A PERIOD AGAIN."
"IDIOT, THAT MAKES THE SENTENCE 'AM TOO AM NOT' WHICH MAKES NO SENSE"
"SERIOUSLY WERE BOTH SHOUTING"
"OH."

Me and Sanae bursted out laughing, "Go do your Homework in the other side of the wall, i wont disturb you anymore." I said
"Yay, finally." She says.

"...I won't disturb you with your weird fetishes too." She continues.

"SANAE!"