9

It was a cold summer night, i was alone in my room since Aru already moved. I stared blankly at the ceiling. Counting sheeps couldn't exactly make me sleep either. I thought about something though.

It's her first time meeting someone that watches anime..

"No wonder she was so enthusiastic back then." I said quietly, remembering the time when i first saw her watching anime. It made me so shocked when she suddenly jumped in front of me, i mean, it's not like everyday you get a girl just centimeters away from you.

Not being able to sleep, i stood and went downstairs, maybe I'll eat my energy away. Hopefully seeing Aruka downstairs too.

I saw Aruka, yes, but she was talking with Aru about diamond diaries or whatever that was. I smiled at myself, it was a good thing i invited Aru.

After a few seconds Aru left and went upstairs when he saw me, i only told him that i went to the bathroom which he believed after a few questions. I went downstairs when he was out of sight.

"Yo." I said, gaining Aruka's attention she bowed her head slightly, "hello." She said.

"What are you doing this late at night?" I asked her, she looked at the hot milk on her hand, "Do you want some, before that?"

_______

We sat outside of the house, it was nice sitting in the floor on a cold night with something warm on your hand-- which was in this case a cup of hot milk.

"I couldn't sleep, that's why." She says, with full honesty looking at the moon as if it were her lover or something.

"Same here." I said.

She looks at me, "You never told me that the guy who watches anime is blonde."

"Are looks that important?" I raised an eyebrow.

She slightly chuckles, "It's always important."

Why are her actions always "slightly"?

I laughed, "Are blonde guys your thing?"

"More or less." She says. He feet was slightly shaking, shivering from the cold wind.

"That's nice."

A comfortable silence filled the air, making it a bit warmer, or was it just me? Maybe it was because of the milk on my hand. Who knows?

She scoots a bit closer to me, "Thanks." She smiles.

Up until now i still don't know why she thanked me. Because i let her meet Aru? Could be, but i wasn't too sure.

I hugged my pillow, remembering her words.

"Gosh she's so cute."

_______

We just ate lunch, Came out this morning, but she didn't eat with us.  As usual, Sanae gave her her food. Right now, I played some multiplayer games with Aru. It was a tough battle actually, it's a one-one.

My phone rang, i stopped playing.

Aru looked over to my phone, "accept the call you idiot."

"Oh yeah." I said, i held the phone against my ear.

"Mom?"

On the other side of the phone was the sound of soft rain and waves, along with the voice of a woman, "Riku? I'm glad you answered, Sanae ignored my call!"

I sighed, "she's probably just sleeping mom." I told her, a faint voice said "i told you so." On the other side of the phone, my mom chuckled, "I didn't think about that."

"Anyways, that's not what i called you both for."

I raised an eyebrow, "What is it then?"

"Are you both sleeping properly?"

I started to wake up earlier than usual because of a certain person. "We are, mom."

"Are you both eating properly?"

"We're not kids mom."

"You can't blame me!"

I sighed, "we are."

I saw Aruka's door open slightly, she looked at Aru, i smiled. I gave her a signal waving my hands she somehow understood it and waited outside of her doorstep, Aru being too merged into his game to realize.

I could tell that she felt relieved, "Is that everything?" I asked my mom.

"-honey, you fogot to tell them somthing- -oh yeah-" a pause. " Riku, we're going home earlier than planned ok? I just wanted to tell you in advance." She says, my dad takes the phone away from her, "Maybe a few days from now."

"Ok, i get. We'll get ready."

My mom snatches the phone again,"bye riku!"

"Bye mom."

The call ended, i looked at Aruka. I smiled at her, telling her to come out now.

In my surprise, she looked ticked off, she goes inside her room and closes the door violently.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked myself, Aru shrugged.