Chapter 27// Real life

(May the 4th be with you! Wrong universe I know but 🤷)
------------------------

Tom opened the hotel room door, letting Thera in. On their way back, only a few words were spoken, Thera having being deep in her thoughts. Tom was concerned but didn't want to push her: they may have gotten along really well, but Tom wasn't sure if Thera preferred to talk or be alone when bothered.

He closed the door, turning around to see that Thera had sat on the bed, staring straight ahead.

"Hey, you ok?" Tom asked, approaching her.

Thera blinked, looking up to him with a small smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired. Who thought bowling would be this tiring?" she answered.

"Well you seem to forget the part where we had you meet the Avengers — all these emotions take a toll on you. " Tom chuckled.

She laughed a bit and patted the space next to her, indicating him to sit down. She then turned to him, "How do you do it?"

He looked at her, confused, "Do what?"

"I mean how do you handle the fame, the spotlight, the rumors? I mean, look at us: we started talking and suddenly we're dating and I'm using you for your fame." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Well I won't lie, the spotlight doesn't bother me. The following-my-every-move thing sucks but I can't let it get to me. I love acting, especially playing Spider-Man, it's been my dream since forever, so it overpowers the cons of being an actor. The rumors and the tabloids can just piss off. As long as it doesn't affect the people around me or keep me from acting, I don't care." He finished his rant with a smile.

Thera got up, turning around, "Well that took a deep turn... you up for some pizza?" she asked Tom, already grabbing her phone.

"Thera, we just ate..." She looked up ready to tell him off but he continued his sentence "But who can say no to pizza? Hawaii for me." He winked at her.

"Well here I thought I was gonna need to bring the pineapple-belongs-on-pizza debate, glad to see we have the same opinion." Thera chuckled, before ordering the pizzas.

After the pizza arrived, they decided to watch Atlantis: The Lost Empire, both agreeing that it was an underrated Disney classic. But while Thera was concentrated on the movie, Tom couldn't stop thinking about the Elena Martin that had commented on Thera's tweet. Finally, at the end of the movie, he turned around to face Thera.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked in a quiet voice.

Thera looked at him and when she saw his serious expression, she knew exactly what question he was going to ask.

"It's about her, isn't it?" she sighed.

He nodded, "If you don't want to tell me, it's ok. I understand, I just want you to know that I'm here if you ever want to talk about it, as cliché as that sounds".

She gave him a small smile, "Yeah it's a bit cliché." Thera stood up and turned once again to Tom, "Wanna stay over?

"Sure, I'll just text Harrison to let him know." Tom took his phone out of his pocket to send his message and heard Thera call from the bathroom "Just tell him to stay at Luke's or Matt's, it'll just be easier for him and they won't mind." Tom yelled an "Ok" and put his phone down next to him.

Thera came out of the bathroom in her pyjamas, a toothbrush in her mouth, headed to her suitcase and threw Tom some sweats.

He raised a brow "You expect me to wear your sweatpants? I don't know if you've noticed but I'm slightly bigger than you."

Thera rolled her eyes, went to rinse her mouth and came back in the room "If you actually took a look at the shorts, you'll notice they're my brother's, I stole them from him because they're comfy, don't judge. You can change in here as long as you don't take your boxers off, I've seen my brother like that too many times to care."

"Did you only give me sweatpants so that you could check me out?" he asked, smirking once Thera looked at him again.

"Oh my god, get over yourself! I know you guys always sleep without shirts on, I have a brother and two guy bandmates, remember?" She rolled her eyes again but still smiled at Tom's mild flirting, knowing he wasn't serious.

She saw Tom heading for the couch and stopped him before he lied down. "Tom, you can sleep in the bed with me. No need to act all gentlemanly with me."

He turned around, "Well if you insist my fair lady" and winked.

Once both were in bed, they lay silently, unable to sleep.

"She was my best friend." Thera whispered.

Tom turned around, surprised she wasn't sleeping "What?"

"Elena, she was my best friend." Thera repeated still looking at the ceiling. "Before I fucked it all up." She sighed, also turning to face Tom. "It was a little less than a year ago and apparently she's still not over it." She paused. "Well I can't say I am either, I still think about it some time to time." Her voice became more quiet with every word she spoke.

Tom took her hand, "Thera, as much as I would like to know what happened between you and Elena, I think you're tired and should go to sleep. You've got a show tomorrow and need to get all the sleep you can."

He looked at her with worried eyes. She just nodded and soon drifted off to sleep. Tom kept her hand in his and fell asleep shortly after Thera.

A/N :
hey guyyys so this is the chapter I told you I was nervous about. I really hope my writing isn't too bad but I can thank my childhood best friend for correcting it!

Someone told me that some chapters were misplaced, due to me updating a chapter I had already posted but I don't have that, could you tell me if you have that too?

Also, I'm sorry but I really gotta study already so I will only update once a week from now on :(

BUT THANK YOU FOR THE 900 READS I'M SO HAPPY ❤❤

Charlotte xx

P.S. : idk if you guys noticed but I reference stuff Tom actually said in interviews hehehe