Chapter 65// Real life

They had decided to go to a bar to celebrate the band’s Europe tour and the reunion with the two actors. The group was complete: Matt, Luke, Thera, Mae, Harrison and Tom, along with his younger brothers Sam and Harry. Alex was missing; he had agreed to meet an old friend before the group had decided to go out.

They were all walking to the bar as it was close to where the band was staying, all talking animatedly, happy to be together. Even if they had already spent the afternoon and dinner together, the conversation was still flowing. A couple times they were stopped by fans, wanting a picture with them, which they happily agreed to.

The young adults finally arrived to the bar, entering, laughing. They settled at a table in the back, not wanting to be overwhelmed with fans, even if they loved to interact with them. The group all ordered their drinks, mostly beer, and cheered.

Tom spoke up, “So we didn’t tell you why we took you to this very specific bar, except that it serves great beer,” He paused and turned to Luke, Thera and Matt, looking at them one by one, “It’s karaoke night tonight” He finished before laughing at their protests. Thera exclaimed “No come on! That’s not fair we’re not gonna sing again, it’s our night off!” Luke and Matt agreeing with her. But the others were having none of it and started chanting their names.

They didn’t have any choice but give in and Luke calmed them down before saying, “Ok, we’re gonna do it but you guys gotta buy us a drink first.” Thera and Matt directly agreed with Luke.

Mae was fast to order more beers while Thera still protested, “Do we really have to do this? I hate karaoke!”
“Well Sam and I still haven’t seen you guys perform and we really want to so, yes, you have to. And no we cannot wait till tomorrow.” Harry quickly replied.

“Harry Holland, are you trying to guilt trip me?” Thera gasped dramatically, acting shocked. “I thought you were better than that. Tom really has a bad influence on you.”

To that statement Tom protested “I’m not a bad influence! If anything, he’s the bad influence.” Thera threw him a suspicious yet joking look from over her glass.

Harrison jumped in, teasing Tom on how his younger brothers had an influence on him. Soon everybody started teasing and laughing, ordering a few more rounds of drinks.

Thera was relieved, thinking everybody had forgotten the whole karaoke ordeal but Mae soon reminded it to everyone and Thera found herself on the small stage, jokingly glaring at the group, all turned to watch her sing. But her choice of song surprised all of them.

“The song I chose to sing tonight is Sexual from NEIKED and Dyo.” She announced, looking at Tom and Harrison, knowing very well it was their and Jacob’s song. Just before starting to sing, she threw a cheeky smile at Tom and winked, making the crowd cheer along with their friends.

During her performance she saw Mae, Tom and Harrison filming her with their phones out, knowing that it would end up on one of their social medias and she couldn’t wait to see their fans’ reactions. Soon enough, Matt and Luke had both gone onto the stage to sing more indie songs.

But Thera couldn’t let Tom get away with what he had just pulled on them.
So she stood up, swaying from the few too many beers she had drunk, “Now that we, Against the Current, have sung, I say it’s Spider-Man’s turn, as he was the one that forced us.” She announced, receiving approvals from the others and Tom couldn’t help but laugh, not surprised by Thera’s statement. He stood up, a little reluctantly, but still smiling.

Once on stage, it was his turn to look at Thera, smirking, “I’ll be singing Forget Me Now from Against the Current, enjoy!” Copying Thera, he winked at her before belting out the lyrics, making Thera laugh. She decided to film him, not wanting to pass by an occasion to have a video of Tom Holland singing, knowing fully well that he hated singing in public. Well, when sober at least.

As they did for Luke, Matt and Thera they all clapped and cheered loudly when Tom finished his performance. After that, they each performed a couple more songs, drinking in between performances, apart from the band as they were a little bit too tipsy and knew they couldn’t be hungover for their gig the next day.

Once they decided to leave the bar it was already late in the night. The cool night contrasted with the hot air of the bar, slightly waking all of them up. They were in the same mood as on their way to the bar except they didn’t walk as straight and stumbled from time to time.

Thera and Tom walked side by side, Thera looking at the city on the other side of the Thames and smiling, perfectly happy. But they arrived at their destination too soon, having to leave the four brits.

“Are you going to be ok, returning to your apartment? You guys are, like, really drunk.” Thera asked, looking at a swaying Tom. He just smiled “Yeah, no worries love, I live close by and I know this city like the palm of my hand darling. Plus, I’m Spider-Man, so…” Tom winked, looking sure of himself, making Thera chuckle.

She looked behind her to see that Mae, Luke and Matt had already headed upstairs and she saw Harry, Sam and Harrison standing at a small distance, behind Tom.

It may have been her tipsy, even slightly drunk self but she moved in, getting closer, looking at Tom in the eyes and she saw him do the same. Before she knew it, she found herself kissing Tom and she decided to go with it, enjoying the kiss, more than she would admit. When they heard Harrison holler, they pulled back and both said good night, both not sure of what to make of what just happened.

After watching Tom walk away for a couple seconds, she turned around, eager to climb in bed, the tiredness suddenly kicking it. Entering her room she found Mae, already asleep in bed and she quickly joined her, falling asleep almost instantly with a certain brit on her mind.

A/N :

THEY KISSED YAS (it was time lol) but what now? Tell me what you guys think will happen 🤔

Song of the chapter : Personal - Against the Current it's their newest song 🎉

Charlotte xx