Chapter 3

Primrose's POV

For the next few days we are kept in the room by ourselves. Eventually after two day they seemed to remember that we were there and provided some food. It wasn't nearly enough for eight she wolves but no-body complained. After thoroughly exploring the room, we concluded that there were simply no forms of entertainment at all, no TV, no books or board games. Ren managed to sweetly ask for something from the guard who brought us food, he sneered at her but did return with a Scrabble board an hour later. The next three days we spent playing the single board game and chatting. Well the other girls chatted; I still couldn't quite work up the courage to talk to anyone. But Ren and Senna made sure to include me in every activity.

In fact Ren swiftly established that some of us who had found our mates at 18 had been kicked out of school before we completed our high school education. And of course Lavender had little opportunity for formal education at all. So Ren decided to try and fill in the gaps, it was sweet and it passed the time.

I was sitting on the floor leaning against Senna's leg while she braided my hair when the guards arrived.

The guard barked out, "Get up, you have summoned by the Council."

Senna helped me to my feet and supported me in the short painful walk downstairs. The man who greeted us on the first day was standing at the front of the room. There was a map pined to the wall and desks where laid out in arrangement which brought to mind a classroom.

"Welcome," Benjamin Smith started with his smug insincere smile, "This is a map of the Arena, take note of the boundaries, if you stray beyond these confines before the end of the Games you will be publicly executed." he proclaimed.

I along with the rest of the women gasped, surely they would not do this, we have done nothing wrong, committed no crimes, but still they want to execute us for the actions of others.

"Quiet! As I was saying, you will be executed if you try to leave before the games are completed. Each of you is a disgrace to the werewolf race, you all deserve the rejections of the mates you were not worthy of. The Warriors have deemed that you are unworthy to be their mates, they are tired of being given the dregs of society to mate with, they are heroes and deserve much better than you."

Tears spring to my eyes; all around me I can hear quiet sobbing. It's exactly as I feared, the Warriors have grown tired of us and abandoned us to the 'mercy' of the packs.

"These great Warriors deserve out thanks, they have defended our Kingdom and serve our Alpha King with honour. Therefore the Games are to be held every 5 years in their honour as their reward."

He is by now leering openly at us, I shuddered under his scrutiny. He continued, "As you all know male werewolves enjoy a good chase. And that is what we are giving these great Warriors, A Chase, and you are the prey. All male wolves love to chase females, however unworthy they might be. So although you are unworthy of their attentions, the treat we have planned for our Warriors is not something we would want to expose a respectable She-Wolf to, hence your presence here at the Games." He paused to sip some water.

"You will be released into the Arena tomorrow morning at 9am. There are 8 of you rejected females and there will be 24 unmated Warriors, who will be released 1 hour later. In the extremely unlikely event that one of the unmated Warriors considers you to be a suitable mate he will mark you as any male werewolf would. If you resist this marking you will be publicly executed. The Warriors can chase you and indulge themselves fully over the coming month before they return to Service or to choose a more worthy mate. The Warriors will be arriving shortly where they will be informed that they may have you females in whatever manner they see fit. We expect that they will just fuck you. They have 30 days to fuck each and every one of you as much as they please. Again if you resist in any fashion you will be executed.