Chapter 13 Zev and Ren

All of the female wolves bar Ren are sitting around a campfire talking quietly. The male wolves were pointedly avoiding the area allowing them some privacy. The topic of conversation is of course Ren. It is day 28 within the Arena, only two more days and the Games will be over. All of them know what this means, Ren will be trying to escape over the border and try to make it out of territory.

"I knew it would be her," Senna muses, "She's tough and smart. She's the one who figured out the safest point to cross the border. "

"S...she will be ki...killed. The pack will t...tear her apart." Primrose responds.

Clover interjects, "Primrose is right. It's too risky. We should tell them"

All of the she-wolves knew exactly what she meant. Tell the Warriors.

"But Ren didn't seem to want a mate." Senna stated.

"Only because of her shitty first mate, she doesn't know that we've been lied to." Indigo concludes firmly, "I vote we tell them." Each woman nods in turn indicating their agreement.

"Right, I suppose I'll ask Hunter to get in touch with her mate."

****

Zev's POV

Hunter contact me via mindlink insisting I come back to the camp, he says that the other women have some relevant information on my mate. I have been tracking her for 28 days and have gotten close a few times but so far she has managed to evade me each time. I hope that this information will assist me.

Entering the camp I head straight to Hunter, "What is this information?"

"You need to speak to the other women."

"I have no time." I snap.

"Do not yell or snap or growl or shout at these women as though they are one of your warriors. Just speak to them, come on they are by the fire." Hunter snaps back.

I follow Hunter to the central camp fire. The mates of my brothers are sitting beside their Warriors; Hunter quickly joins his own mate who smiles in greeting.

"Umm OK, Hi, I'm Indigo." I nod to acknowledge the women. "So we have some information which might be useful in finding Ren."

"Ren." I breathe out, "Her name is Ren?"

"Yes, please sit down. There are a few things you need to know about Ren before you go. Well you know that Ren was rejected by her first mate." I nod tightly, the fool, but his stupidity is my gain. I will worship my mate. "Yeah well he rejected her because he was already in a relationship with someone else. He wanted to have both Ren and this other woman. So she was the Alpha's sister. He strung Ren along for a while but he eventually decided that he wanted to stay with his girlfriend and rejected Ren in front of everyone. So because he was a Beta and his girlfriend was the Alpha's sister everyone blamed Ren saying that she was a home wreaker, they kicked her out of school, she was training to be a Primary School teacher. So that was three years ago."

I growled and Hunter glared at me. Three years, seriously how the fuck did she survive that long.

Indigo took a deep breathe, "Right well this bit might be tough to hear. So this jerk tried to pimp Ren out to other guys in the pack."

I snarled and leapt to my feet, Indigo curled into her mate, "I'm sorry, please continue."

"Ren fought back and hurt a couple of guys pretty badly." I chuff with pride at this. "But yet again the pack blamed Ren for everything and her parents kicked her out. She had to move into the pack house and become the pack maid." I started growling again, Hunter started glaring at me again. "Look the thing is that the Council lied to us about why we were in the Arena." At this point she bowed her head.