Chapter 9 The Couples get to know one another

Stretching and yawning Bear rose from his shelter, he gazed down at his fiery mate as she slept and then headed to grab breakfast for them both. Once he had enough food for them both he returned just as his beautiful mate was waking. As Senna sat up and stretched Bear admired her red hair cascading over her shoulders, "I got breakfast babe, eat up, I have somewhere I want to show you today."

Senna rolled her eyes but failed to hide the grin that spread across her face at the thought of spending the day with her mate. Over the last week they had become close, spending hours talking, getting to know one another, with Bear doing everything in his power to convince Senna that he was her true mate and loved her. Senna recognised that she was being a bit of a brat when it came to Bear but found it hard to put her trust in any man.

But with Bear it became quickly apparent that he loved her fire and independence, he didn't expect her to sit quietly at home popping out children every year and only speaking when spoken to. He encouraged her to voice her opinions on all matters, where they would live, what type of house she wanted, did she want to work, how many kids did she want? All of these things seemed to matter to Bear. She was worried that if she told him she only wanted two children that he would throw a fit, but he just smiled and said 'me too'! When she told him that she wanted to finish her education and go back to university to train to be a doctor he thought it was a great idea. Yep Senna thought to herself after a pretty shitty start to the whole mate thing she had struck it pretty lucky with Bear. He was incredibly attractive with his black hair and dark flashing eyes, his body was Senna could admit totally drool worthy all bulging muscles and rock hard abs.

Their relationship changed two nights ago when they were lying in their shelter about to doze off Senna had her head resting on Bears broad chest and he was slowly stroking her hair soothing her to sleep. As she lay there listening to the slow steady thud of her mates heart beat considering all that they had talked about and how supportive he was about her going back to university Senna thought to herself how lucky she was to have found Bear, her mate. As soon as that thought popped into her head and warm tingle spread through her body, every point where she and Bear touched simply thrummed with pleasure. Considering they lay stretched out beside each other pressed against one another her whole body just came alive. Unable to contain herself Senna had pressed even closer to Bear gasping in pleasure.

Bear's eyes shot open and in a split second Senna found herself being flipped and Bear hovering above her. "What's happening?" Senna whispered. "You accepted me." Bear growled out.

"I don't understand."

"Warrior mates must accept us before we can mark them. This is the signal to me that you have accepted me as your mate and protector." Bear leaned closer and huskily whispered in her ear, "May I mark you mate." Senna shivered and managed a small nod before Bear crashed his lips to hers and then began nibbling and licking his way to her shoulder. Finding the perfect spot Bear wasted no time in marking her, before moaning, "Claim me Senna, I belong to you."

At these words Senna growled and ran her nose along Bear's neck to find his own sweet spot, when he groaned and bucked his hips Senna knew that she had found the spot, sinking her teeth in she claimed this Warrior as her own. Bear collapsed beside her and pulled Senna close murmuring his love for her and pressing soft kisses to her hair, she fell asleep with a soft smile on her face. For the first time in years she felt happy, safe and contented.

Coming back to the present Senna hastily finished her meal and jumped to her feet, "Right where are we headed then."

"Patience babe, it's a surprise."

Senna scowled, "I hate surprises."

"You'll like this one." Bear spun round and grabbed a back pack. Holding out his hand Senna grabbed hold and they headed out into the woods.