Chapter 15

Darics POV

We were relaxing in the Main Hall; all of us who had family arrive were catching up. I was busy introducing my new mate to my parents; I could see that my mum was giddy with excitement. I gently encircled Primrose in my arms and softly murmured "Mum, Dad this is my mate Primrose." As my mum made a move forward I tightened my grip, "Please be careful, Primrose was... injured."

My dad face tightens at this understanding clearly what had happened, my mum steps back and instead smile gently, "It's lovely to meet you Primrose dear. I am so happy that you will be bringing my boy home."

"Son, you and Primrose are welcome to stay with us until you find a house of your own." My dad proclaims. Primrose smiles at this and bounces slightly in my arms evidently excited by this.

"Thank you, we'd like that. Primrose needs to see the Doctor soon to look at her leg, I think she may need an operation, so it would be great if you could stay will you guys for a while." Turning to Primrose I clarify, "Mum and Dad have a cottage, all on one level so you won't have to worry about any stairs." At this Primrose smiles brightly.

The door bursts open and the Councillor who was here at the beginning storms in with some other men and some guards, the murmur of voices slowly dies away. Councillor Smith had looked furious as we emerged from the woods but now the smug smirk was back, this does not bode well for us. I am quickly proven correct as Primrose cries out in fear and presses to me hiding her face against my chest.

His malicious little eyes light up at Primroses reaction. "Yes of course she-wolf as you can see your mate has arrived to take you home." My roar shakes the room; this was the man who beat my mate, who tortured her. I saw red. Kill him, kill him! All I could hear was the pounding of my own heart and a strange ringing in my ears. The room came back in focus and I could hear shouting and snarling, I realised that the snarling was coming from me and I was being held by four Warriors against the wall. Alric was standing between Primrose and the Councillor he was shouting that this was the Mating Games that the Council had insisted upon and they couldn't just decide to take anyone's mate away from them.

"But you see, once the she-wolves arrived here some of their original mates realised that they made a mistake, they contacted us and requested that we return their mates. Of course they have a prior claim as the original mate therefore we agreed."

This statement was met with roars of outrage and cries of fear. Sage stumbled backwards and I realised that she also recognised one of the males in the room; he was staring at her intently. Alric followed this man's gaze to his own mate and realised what this meant, growling he leapt at the man and grabbed him by the throat "You rejected her, you fool, she is my mate now. I know what you did!"

"I know I rejected her, I was an idiot. I was afraid what my pack would think of me and so I rejected her." He hangs his head in shame.

"Do you have any idea what they did to her? No because you abandoned her, your own mate. Coward! You are a disgrace and you will never lay a hand on My Mate."

"Hemm," the Councillor clears his throat, "As I was saying earlier, these wolves have a prior claim on the females and have first right to them."

Lavender has Kaidens shirt in a death grip and she is drawing short gasps of air, we all know what Lavenders mate did to her, she must be utterly terrified at the thought of going back to him. Kaiden is stroking her hair and murmuring to words of comfort and assurance to his mate.

Seeing this Hunters father steps forward, "Once the women have been marked by their mate any prior mating bonds are broken."

At this Sage sweeps her hair to the side to show her mating mark. Alric tosses the man aside and rushes to her and presses a gentle kiss to her mark, Sages eyes are slightly unfocussed as the pleasure burns through her but Alric has a steading hand on her elbow.