Chapter 17

Freya hastily gathered supplies into a duffel bag while her mate and husband planned their route to the Castle. They loudly said their goodbyes explaining that they would see their son and his new mate at home in a few days after they returned from visiting Eric's sister. When they were prepared Eric helped Freya into the passenger side of his car and hurried around to the drivers side, they headed out.

After a four hour tense drive they had eaten up the miles and were more than half way to the Castle. They did not want to stop for any breaks, knowing that the Warriors would need time to prepare and would be travelling on foot to not arise suspicion they wanted to get the warning to the Alpha King as quickly as possible.

Eric had been glancing in the rear view mirror repeatedly for the past 15 minutes. Freya looked over her shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"We've picked up a tail." Eric growled.

Freya was worried, "Is it them? Have they found us?"

Eric narrowed his eyes and looked in the rear view mirror again, "They have been following us the past 5 miles. They could be trying to find out if we are heading to my sisters hometown as we said we were. I think we need to stop at the next shop and ditch the car."

"Agreed." Freya stated. She twisted in her seat and pulled out some of the vital supplies from the duffel bag. It would look suspicious taking it from the car so they would have to leave the majority of the supplies behind.

Another 10 miles down the road there was a small gas station, Eric pulled over and murmured, "Ok we make this look as natural as possible." Freya gave him a small nod. "When I go to pay head round the back as though you were looking for the facilities, I will find you."

Both hopped out of the car and as the car that had been following pulled into the gas station Eric began to playfully complain that Freya had not allowed him to open the car door for her. She stuck her tongue out at him and stretched as though she was stiff from a long drive. Wandering over to the shop she casually browsed through the stands and tried on a pair of sunglasses, calling to her mate, "What do you think darling, should I get these?"

"Yes my darling, I think you look ravishing, hand them here, I will buy them when I go in."

Freya skipped over and passed them to her mate and he ducked down to receive a kiss to his cheek. As Eric finished filling the car he headed into the store and Freya wandered off and followed the plan. She noticed that the men were more interested in following her mate than her, so she slipped around the back as instructed and waited for her mate to join her. She did not have wait long, it was mere minutes later when there was a large crash and shouting from inside. Freya was alarmed and concerned that her mate had been harmed, but Eric swiftly joined her and gripping her hand the two slipped off into the surrounding fields.

"What happened?"

Eric shot her a grin, "Minor accident in the store, those poor men may have gotten the blame and are currently being told off by the terrifying little old lady behind the till."

"Ha! Well I am sure that they deserve it dear."

The two had made it to the line of trees and quickly blended in before their pursuers had even made it out of the store.

"That won't hold them off for long, they will be able to track us easily unless they are utterly useless trackers." Eric noted.

"I somehow don't think we will get that lucky. We will need to keep moving, on foot this will take a good half day."

Eric nodded his head in agreement and grabbing her hand they headed deeper into the wood.

They moved quickly through the undergrowth, after being mated for close to 35 years they were finely attuned to each other and did not need to speak or mind link to be able to communicate effectively. The two moved smoothly and with more energy that one would ordinarily expect from someone at over 60 years of age.