// chapter 7 //

I wake from my short slumber; I haven't been able to sleep much since... since I turned into a giant werewolf. I sigh and roll over, having no idea where I am. Wait a second... hands! My eyes widen as I lift my hands in front of me - holy shit! Fingers! I haven't had fingers, or toes, or freaking boobs even, for almsot 2 weeks!

I sit up fast and laugh a little in shock and excitement - I'M HUMAN AGAIN! Now let's figure out where I am.... I look around and see a river near by; I slowly stand and walk over to it on shaky legs, not used to using 2. I stand in the water, it being about waist deep, and begin to wash some of the dirt off my body. I am more than relieved to have the use of my hands back.

"Robyn?" A voice calls.

I spin around, covering my chest as I do, with wide eyes. "Bella!?" I gasp when I see Isabella in the shade of the trees with 2 females and a very large male.

She suddenly appears a few feet from the edge of the water and me, quicker than I can blink. "Thank God we found you, everyone's been so worried." She sighs and takes the rucksack from her back, opening it up to reveal a pair of joggers and sports bra. "Here."

I climb out of the water and thankfully change as she tries to cover me as much as possible. "Thank you. I was beginning to worry I'd have to walk home naked... how far are we from home?" I suddenly realise.

"About 30 miles; I'll carry you home so you don't have to phase." She smiles small.

I blush. "Carry me...?"

"Um... you're not the only fantasy creature around." Bella laughs small and motions her arms to pick me up. I give a small nod and she scoops me up; I wrap my arms around her neck to hold on as she runs back to the others waiting - she runs fast than I did... creepy.

"Rose, Emmett, go ahead and alert the pack. Alice and I will take Robyn to get some food - proper food." Bella says.

The blond and male nod, disappearing; my stomach rumbles loudly and I blush. I've only eaten a few bunnies here and there - I hate myself for killing the cuties - and a dead deer I came across.

The other female, Alice, takes off running and Bella follows at the fast speed she somehow managed. What is she? "What are you Bella?" I whisper as she runs.

She glances down at me. "Do you know your tribes legends?" I nod. "How about the cold ones?"

My eyes widen. "You're a vampire!? How!" I stare at her shocked; isn't she means to be my natural enemy?

Bella laughs. "I'll explain later."

She sets me down as her and Alice stop by the edge of some trees; I recognise the diner just outside of the res and I all but run inside, sitting at the bar just as Bella and Alice come in. "Pancakes please. And eggs. Bacon, sausage and toast. Oh, and a large oreo milkshake." I ask the woman and she raises an eyebrow.

"Coming up.. aren't you Sam Uley's sister? Didn't you leave?" She asks.

I shake my head. "No, just been... staying with some friends. Do I know you?"

"We were in like 3rd grade together. I'm Karly." She says.

"I don't remember you, I'm sorry." I laugh as she giggles.

"It's okay, I only recognise you because Sam's been asking around for you." She says, a worried look in her eyes.

"She's fine, Sam knew she was." Alice interjects with a smile.

Karly nods and goes to serve someone else. Alice and Bella motion for me to follow them to a booth in the corner and I swipe my shake, trailing behind. As we sit down and I suck the straw, Alice and Bella watch me. "Where have you been?" Alice asks; she's a pretty thing. Pixie cut hair, golden eyes. A small face and perfectly portioned features. Even as a human I bet she was insanely gorgeous.