\\ chapter 16 \\

(Chai Hansen as Joshua Uley)

I feel faint as I stare at him across from me, stood in cut off shorts and a crumpled shirt. Why is he here? Why did he decide to show up, today of all days? How did he even know to come here today? So many questions...

Alice wraps an arm around me as I sway. "Ok Robyn, let's sit you down."

Paul quickly looks over and let's go of Sam to rush over to me. Big mistake; Sam breaks free from Emmett and launches himself at Joshua - our father - and lands a punch right to his jaw. Emmett and Jasper manage to pull him back as I watch in horror.

"Sam stop!" I cry, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"He shouldn't be here! I'll kill him!" Sam growls, shaking with anger. He's about to phase and, despite knowing they won't get hurt, I worry for Jasper and Emmett's safety.

"SAM!" I yell, rushing forward and standing in front of him. He refuses to look at me, growling so loud at Joshua who just stands and takes it. "Look at me. I said LOOK AT ME!" I yell.

He looks down at me and slowly calms as I set a hand on his cheek. "R-robby..."

"Shh Sammy it's ok. Step away, go find Emily." I soothe.

He shakes his head and pushes the vampires off him, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, this is your wedding and I'm ruining it." He whispers.

I shake my head and cling to him. "No you're not." He stares over my shoulder so I reluctantly take a deep breath and pull away. I look at Joshua, I glare at him rather. "Why are you here?"

"Lahote... I kept in contact with him now and then. Last week he started raving on about how his son was marrying a Uley..." He glances at Paul who snarls.

"My father? He told you? Wow, so that automatically invites you huh!?" He snaps.

I lay a hand on his chest as he shakes. "Don't you dare ruin that suit, we don't have the money to pay Carlisle back." I snap. "Both of you Hot headed assholes, go get a drink and stay back. Paul, go hold the baby he calms you down."

"I'll stay with her." Alice says gently as her brothers nod too.

Jacob nods. "Me too."

Sam sighs deeply and goes to mom who's been frozen in shock since she saw Josh. He leans close and whispers in her ear making her nod small and lean into him; he wraps an arm tightly around her and leads her back to the party as Jasper and Emmett follow. Jacob, Alice and I stare at Joshua while Paul stares at me.

I look at him. "I'm fine, I promise. Eli probably needs a feed, why don't you go do that?"

He doesn't move for a moment before he nods and kisses me gently. I smile small and sigh as he walks away, sluggish and defeated; he's just as pissed as us all. I look back to Joshua. "So what did you come for? Money? Joy? A happy reunion?"

"I came back for you. For my family." Joshua says softly, his face calm and neutral.

I scoff and roll my eyes, beginning to pace. "Oh family! That's a funny word, isn't it Joshua? Something you chose to leave a long time ago." I snap.