// chapter 11 //

I stare at Jacob; my heart thumps loudly in my ears as he and Embry glare at me, stood tense in the small ice cream store. I look away and close my eyes, exhaling shakily. They can't be real. You're just imagining it, its a stressful time...

However they're still there when I reopen my eyes. Emily stands so she's between me and the two large, angry wolves. "I think you need to step outside, this isn't good for Rob."

"Butt out Emily." Embry says a in a low voice.

"Don't you dare speak to her that way Embry Call!" I slam my hand on the table and glare over at him.

"Oh wow, the coward speaks!" Jacob snarls, laughing coldly.

I suck my teeth and stand. "You know what, you'll find out soon anyway, so here. This is why I left." I snarl as I walk out from behind Em.

Their eyes move to my stomach, examining the way my hand cradles my tummy and my other rests at my side in a clenched fist. Embry begins to violenlty shake and breathe heavy. "He... he... MOTHERFUCKER!"

I grab his arm roughly and pull him out of the shop as people stare; I push him towards the trees. "I've spent the last 8 months away from my home so I don't get the urge to phase and kill my baby but so help me Embry I will phase this second and rip you to shreds if you don't just shut up!" I scream, my frame beginning to shake.

"Alright alright, lets take it down a notch." Jacob says as he wraps an arm around my waist and extends his other hand to Embry as a warning to stay back. I snarl at the touch but don't pull away, for fear of losing it if he isnt restraining me. I have to keep a grip - for my baby. For Paul.

"You didn't have to leave. No note, no call. Nothing to say you are okay!" Embry yells.

"Sam knew. Paul knew. They are the only people who needed to - the idea of disappearing, Embry, is that no one knows where you are!" I growl.

"We're family! That baby is my niece or nephew, its a part of the pack! We can help you."

"MY baby is nothing to do with anyone but me or Paul." I growl. "I don't need your help, nor do I want it!"

I close my eyes and take some deep breaths; they're interrupted as I let out a groan from between my tight lips. Emily takes my hand. "Robyn?"

"J-just a contraction." I whisper as I slowly look up. "I was fine. We were fine. I don't need you - any of you. I chose my baby, now you all know that feel free to disappear again or let me." I whisper as I untangle myself from Jacob and quickly walk towards my truck.

"Robyn-" Embry calls but Emily interrupts him.

"She's right. Her baby is the most important thing - respect that. Don't put either of them in harms way." She says gently, hanging back too.

Tears blur my vision as I drive, gripping the wheel at the sudden reoccurance of a contraction. "Those assholes." I whisper with a gasp as I pull up outside the house. I open the door and extend my leg to climb down, only for a scream to leave my lips at the sudden pain that occurs, followed by a slight splash. "No no no!" I whisper as I begin to cry.

The door closes as I pull myself back into the car and try to breathe evenly, try to let it pass. Maybe it wasn't my waters. Maybe it was just pee - I mean, its disgusting but I've read shit while being pregnant and it happens. With a wave of pain from another contraction I know its worse than I thought - my waters broke and I can't get out of my truck. This can't be happening.

I let out a slight sob and bite my lip harder, trying to keep control.

You got this Robyn. Just take your time, crawl into the freaking house if you have to.