Chapter 2

Ashlyn's pov
*year 2014*
I just stood by the news van as April kept on at this guy about a foot clan attack "wait you said deaminating agents those are used in genetic research.....are their any other places shipping these short of chemicals besides you" she asks him. I roll my eyes, she may be my sister but that girl needs a rest "O'Neil we're live in 30 minutes come on!" Vern yells to her and she walk over while asking the guy not go anywhere. "I'm working" she says to him "is that a paying job because we have an actual paying job, you don't think every cram reporter isn't tryna work this foot clan story" vern say to her "i know that but there is a new angle on this and I am this close to getting it I just need a couple more" she says. She goes to point at the guy she was talking to before but he's gone "come on let's stick to what we're good at we're good at it" vern says as he and april and he get in the van "remind me why I have to be here agien?" I ask "because you said you wanna work as a camera woman so what better way to do that then helping a Carmra man on the news" vern says. We set to times square and april dose the interview with a fitness trainer, I feel so sorry for her she so badly wants to be a big reporter but keeps getting silly stories like this. After that she is a bit grumpy "4 years of journalism school so I can do this, 4 years of my life vern this embarrassing" she says "listen I know you wanna be a serious reporter I see ya sniffin around the news room for the big stories but is also nice to give people something a little lighter a little froth" vern tells her. She gives his a puzzled look "froth?" She says "yea know how ya get coffee, it's just coffee and then they put little froth on it it's kinda nice" vern rambles. "Vern that's foam" April says "foam froth you get the point, it taste good it's candy, ever heard the saying never take candy from a baby because even Babies like candy, it's nice and your giving people something that's good and nice they look at you and they wow...thats candy....the point is i think that your should be rewarded not punishing yourself and I'm prepared to reward you" here see go agien. "I say we go to my buddies place downtown it's very vibey" he says "we just eat on the way over here" April says as she begins to walk off "come on Ashlyn I gotta go finish that interview we'll see you at the office vern" she says. She rides her bike and I had to hold on the back while we went to do this interview. Turns out we have to go back down the the docks to see some guy named stan so that's were we are, we see foot soldiers getting something from the shipping containers. April calls channel 6 but they wouldn't listen and they hung up and we ended up climbing over the fence and as we sneak to get a closer look I hear someone fighting them. As we're at the edge one of the containers we see a silhouette on top of the building so April being April tried taking a picture but it's gone by the time she pulls her phone out. We walk out see this symble while April takes pictures I stood there having flash backs of that lab "Ashlyn come on we need to go now" she says and we ran back to the apartment.