Part 1

The brain in my overheating body continuously failed to process the previous events as I sat on the cold floor of my mother's basement. My surroundings were far from pleasant, but I couldn't tell my body to leave. This is one of the most tragic moments in my life and I guess my brain needed to make sure that it was pierced into it for the rest of my life.
I was hidden away from the truth, the secrets the world held. It was evil, and nobody, no matter how much they tried can be kept away from it.
I tried and looked at what happened to me. My father was laying on the ground, eyes wide open and bullet wound to the head while my mom was tied to a chair on the opposite side of the room, her head just hanging, like she was looking at the blood running from the knife that was placed in her stomach and staining the light blue shirt that she wore that day.
Nothing was misplaced, if the lifeless bodies were removed it would look exactly how it did yesterday, perfect.
At that moment, my vision became blurry and all my hopes and dreams vanished.
A warm hand touched me. My head made a sharp turn to look at the flesh that was against mine. My eyes then lingered up his arm with the goal of reaching his face, and there stood William.
"What happened?" He stared at the bodies in disbelief. Teardrops began running from my eyes and it took what seemed like forever for my lips to separate.
"I don't know." I immediately came to my feet and rushed out of the basement. I felt like if I was suffocating even when I was no longer running, but just standing in middle of my parent's living room. I bent down, both hands placed on the ground, and gave off a loud scream muffled by the sounds of my crying. In seconds time, a sudden pressure was applied to my stomach and my limbs were no longer touching the surface.
"Hush! You gotta be quiet!"
"Get your hands off me." I stumbled backwards, slowly moving my arm towards the table next to me, placing the tips of my fingers upon the item before grasping it.
"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" He screamed after ducking to the floor in order to shield himself from the key holder I just throw at him.
"You have the nerve to tell me to shut up right now. NOW!" He stood up, never loosing eye contact.
"Just get over it" His face showed no emotion.
"What is wrong with you!"

Guys thanks for reading. I recommend you check out my other book two for two.