Part 6

It was all a blur, but I could remember the movement in my feet. It was probably the fastest I had ever run. I was weighed down but felt unstoppable. I knew I wasn't though. I looked behind me to see the distance that was between us and security guards. I had just turned 18 but couldn't remember anything from that day or any of the other days in that month. I discovered drugs before my 17th birthday and made it a part of my daily life every day since. I was hard for me to cope and since I didn't have many friends, I looked to those who were helpless just like me to guide me through this period. Right after my parents died, I went to an abandoned warehouse in the city. I wasn't looking for anything particular and wasn't surprised when I was greeted by a large group of homeless people, but as I passed by, I noticed a group of people who wouldn't take their eyes off me. Their stares were incredibly uncomfortable and before you knew it I was running. At this point I realised I had a habit of running away from things in life which didn't bother me in the slightest. As I reached around the corner, I was stopped in my tracks to find one of the guys that was staring me standing right in front of me.

"Are you done running yet?" I couldn't comprehend what was happening. Was I about to get murdered? Did he know who my parents were? HOW WAS HE IN FRONT OF ME WHEN I JUST LEFT HIM AT THE WAREHOUSE?

"Please don't be alarmed?" I was surprised he constructed such a sophisticated sentence.

"My name is Jack".

"Hi", that moment was the beginning of our toxic relationship. He introduced me to a long line of people who appeared to have welcomed me with open arms. Luckily, enough Jack was the only one in his friend group that didn't do drugs. He always said he was never interested which made me admire his strong mindset. Two weeks later Bella introduced me to drugs and a part of me wished that I had the will power to say no, but I didn't and the slippery slope I went down was never-ending and far from fun. I was foolish to think it would relax me before interviews so that I could finally get a job. Instead, I got hocked and spent all my saving in order to feed my addiction.