Part 8

"It wasn't that bad" I stared at him until he noticed.
"What" he said giggling. "They asked basic questions so that they could do their job." He gave me another glance and realized that I was still unease. He then grabbed me and pulled me in close. I was against his chest and his hands were wrapped around my shoulders. I pulled away slightly and his hands moved down to my lower back. I could help but slowly lift my head to meet his eyes.
The lingering silence broke as he said, "Hi" and detach his hands from my waist. We both let out laughs and backed away from each other.

"So what are your plans?" I asked
"The same as always, have yours changed?"
"How could they not?"
"So what's the new plan?"
I haven't decided yet. I just new things had to change. School wasn't important anymore. My parents were the only person who wanted that.
"I'm gonna sell the house."
"What?" I knew he would never approve. "Why?"
"I'm not gonna need it anymore"
"What do you mean your not gonna need it. Your living in it."
"I'm not." He began moving towards me again until I had to look up to see his face.
"Your not." I've been with him all my life, both by choice and force. He was apart of my life.
"I'll get a place in Los Angeles. Find something to do. I'll be fine."
He placed his hand on my cheek and exhaled heavily.
"I better get going." He broke the gaze and shifted, on the verge of walking past me. He touched my hand as a good bye sign. I gripped it and pulled him back before kissing him.
"You just said you were leaving." I saw the hurt in his eyes. "You cant do this to me." He tried to pull away but I wouldn't let him.
"Please wait." I made him look at me. "I know it's not what you expected but there is nothing here for me."
He bent to reach my lips, and slowly pouring all of his emotions in to that one kiss. His soft lips made me melt and as he pulled away the words "There's me." left his mouth.

It hurt me but I left anyways. The next day I got onto that plane and I waited to start the new life that I was about to have.