Part 2

He's standing there like he doesn't know the pain that am feeling. He should be feeling it too. My parents were the only thing he had even close to family.
"I know you are trying to find somebody to be angry at right know, but have you ever thought that the people who killed them didn't fully finish the job."
"Are you trying to say they might still be in the house?" I looked at him like he was talking rubbish. My eyes glared from his eyes to the stairway, my mind started turning his rubbish talking into a real scenario.

*Six months ago*

Whispers filled my ears, but the distance obstructed my ability to understand the words that were being formed. I spotted my mother clearly. She seemed to be voicing her concern to my father who was partially blocking her depending on the way my mother swayed. I thought nothing of it as I walked in the room casually.

"Kevin, you know you have to do this. It's time."
"Time for what mom?" She jumped at the sound of my voice and place her hand on my father. This confused me greatly as I intruded in their conversation regularly and have never gotten such an unexpected response.
"Oh my God, you startled me."
"Sorry, I was just asking what you were talking about."
"It's nothing Grace. Don't worry about it." My father had no problem intervening.
He talked to me in a tone that I have never heard before. I didn't know what they were hiding and all I could do was wonder.

*Present*

I was back in the basementholding my mother's hand. I was mesmerised by her wedding band. It wasbeautiful. Diamonds covered nearly the entire surface area, so it was hardlynoticeable that the base was pure gold. Although, this compared nothing to theengagement ring. It had the biggest rock that could fit on a ring, with smallerdiamonds alongside it to give it support. When you looked at it, all you couldsee were the words 'Millions and Billions' written in bold. I pulled the ringsoff her fingers and watched as her tanned lines appeared. I was already envisioning all the great thingsher tomb stone would say, 'Beloved mother, Adored wife, Cherished friend, themost respectable individual.' It made me tear up just thinking about how shewas such a perfect person. On the surface, at least.