Part 3

I rested her hand down and stepped away from her body. At this point my tears were plentiful but I drifted my eyes as I couldn't continue without acknowledging my father. We didn't have the strongest relationship, but I still loved him greatly. I slowly located his body which was now covered in a king-sized fitted sheet.

"I don't think you want a close up with him. Somehow the situation got worse than it originally was." He gradually got up from his kneeling position, but his right foot was just as it was, settled in a pool of my father's blood.

I grabbed the wrist where my left-hand kept possession of my mother's rings. My body presented a detached appearance to the public eye but in reality, I was never more focused. "Maybe I should take your word for it."

Before the saddened reacquaintance, I carefully swept the house with Will and as I thought, I was right. There was nothing but air and dirt in each room. It crossed my mind that maybe I should inform the police, but I was conflicted. I didn't know what they may have been involved in and what enemies they may have. They were killed, but did they do the killing too? I love them and want to get justice for them, but they didn't tell me everything and I'm afraid of getting killed for any mistakes they didn't think was important to mention.

*Three months ago,*
"Grace!!!" I was pulled out of my sleep from my mother's cry. I rushed out my bed and made my way out the door. My urge to get to my mother as fast as possible caused me to almost trip on the steps while running downstairs. I was filled with so much worry that when I entered the kitchen and saw both of my parents fine and laughing, I was stunned and filled with confusion.
"Guess what we got you!!!" My mother said dragging her words, like it was difficult for her to talk.
"It's a car!!!!" The excitement that filled me made me almost forget the fact that my father had the same drag in his voice.

I walked outside to see my very own 2014 Chevrolet Camaro. The first car to ever to be in my possession. I didn't know its value at the time, but I know my dad did. From the time I was born I've seen him obsess over vintage cars and renowned classics. Obviously, the car wasn't truly intended for me but I didn't see that at the time.