Part Ten: Liar

Wolves were running around like a chicken with no head. Earlier today, Alpha Rush had announced that the council was on its way to see our pack. This would be the first time the council ever came to anyone's pack, so it was a big deal. I, however, didn't care much for the group of old men, but Samuel said to play nice, so that is what I will do.

I've spent the entire week organizing and reading through documents. It was quite interesting the things you found out about your pack members. A boy named Tyler had been born a runt and has been working in the kitchen along with the omegas. I've seen many wolves in my time, but I have never come across a runt. It did anger me a bit that he would be placed in the kitchen as if he were the common help just because he was born smaller and less stronger than a normal wolf. There were a few files missing, most were taken by Alpha Rush before I had a chance to look at them. He said he wanted to review the new wolves in the pack before allowing Steven and I to organize them in the cabinets.

It made me happy when he couldn't find my file with the rest. I knew why my file was missing; it was never made. I didn't want any documentation of who I was, or how I came to be in the warrior pack. Samuel agreed that it was best to keep my existence quiet. I hoped that Rush wouldn't notice the disappearance of my file, but that man notices everything.

He spent the week trying to get me to talk, which I simply replied with a shrug, pretending as if I knew nothing of my file. I could tell I was irritating him, but what do I care. He deserves it.

Never had I thought I would find a mate and when I do, he doesn't want me. Isn't that something?

I respect his decision not to have me as a mate, but I just wanted to know his reason. His reason why he would go against the moongoddess. For going against the one person destined to make him happy and complete. I could think a few reasons.

My mother had always told me I was an ugly child. I never believed her, but with so many scars covering my body, it could be a possibility. Rush probably doesn't approve of the way my personality is, but I would never change myself for him, mate or not.

I walked to the borderline alongside Steve, Rush, and Samuel. The council was already here, and we had to await their grand entrance.

Three men with salt and pepper hair crossed over the borderline and into our pack. I could feel the aura of power that radiated off them, it made my wolf growl in my head. Weird. The councilmen are a close descendant of lycans. We have two other packs in the country that are actually of lycan blood. The Power Pack is like royalty, the old king was a full blooded lycan. No one has seen the members of the Power Pack in years. After the fall of the Warzone pack, another pack with the bloodline of a lycan, the council was made up. That's what made them so powerful, they had the protection of the Power Pack, and a good bloodline; no where near as strong as the Power Pack or Warzone Pack, but still strong enough.

"Alpha Rush, Alpha Samuel" the man with huge under bags spoke

"Harold, an honor to have you here" Samuel greeted. "This is Beta Alex and Gamma Steven"

We both gave a nod.

"I'm Kiro, it's a pleasure to meet you Alex" he brought my hand to his mouth and gave a kiss

"I'm Lander," he paused to stare at me, "is that your natural hair color?" his eyebrows wrinkling in question

"No," I lied. I let a small smile slip on, "I had it done in a nice little beauty salon," I ran my finger through my hair, "one of the best salons I've been to in a while," I let out a small laugh.

"I haven't seen hair like that in years. Alex, was it?"

"Yes," my body wanted to tense.

"Last name?"

"Night. Alexandra Night"

He hummed, "night? Guess I was wrong." He whispered the last part. "Shall we get going?" He turned back to Samuel and Rush, who were both staring at me intently for different reasons.

Alpha Rush led the way to the pack house as I tried to keep my heart from beating too fast.

He knew. He had to know, did he believe my lie? No! A councilman would know when a wolf would lie, right?

Stop panicking, he knows nothing, my wolf calms me. I choose to believe her as I let a huge breath out. I make my way towards the pack house, following the group inside, silently praying for them to leave as soon as possible.