Memory (pt.24)

The small cottage sat at the center of the woods, hidden from the humans. The small girl with white pigtails sat on the kitchen chair mutely as the woman with frizzy white hair sat staring at her son. The only people that knew of her son was the woman and the little girl. Her son was her prized possession that was kept in a pack nearby for his safety. The boy with white hair cared for his half-sister, but knew it was weakness to show how much he cared for her. Instead, he simply left her alone to fend off their wicked mother.

On the little girl's eighth birthday, everything changed. Her friend was just killed in front of her, she had just shifted into her wolf and killed her mother. She sat covered in blood, crying for the loss of her innocence. Her half-brother came to her like an angel sent from the moon goddess. He was younger than her, but mentally, he was an old man. The Alpha of his pack had been mentoring him since he arrived, and this was the perfect time to put all that knowledge into helping his sister. He cleaned her up with a slightly dirty rag and told her of a pack that would accept her and love her. The moon goddess had come to him and showed him the way; he was told that his sister was to complete her destiny. The boy could not argue with his creator, and felt a rush of energy flow through him.

He apologized for not helping his sister, but he was scared to defy his mother, scared he too would become a punching bag. He stole a new dress for her from one of the young she-wolves in his pack, then tried to fix her hair, and led her to the warrior pack. His feet moved automatically as the goddess guided him through the trees. He dropped her off, saying he'd be back to visit. They were the only family they had.

The young boy kept his promise and visited his sister every week. He would sneak out of his pack, and go visit his sister. She told him of how well she was treated, for once, she was happy. Years passed by, the boy and the girl continued to meet. At the age of 11, her half-brother was found by a vampire near the warrior pack. The vampire attacked the boy, practically killing him. If it weren't for his half-sister and her new pack, he'd be dead. They told the Alpha who they were to each other. Knowing they were family, he allowed the boy to visit his sister. It wasn't til a month later that the boy attacked his sister. He had been turned into a vampire during his near death experience. He never once craved the blood of his sister, but having not fed in a while made him antsy.

He lunged for his sister, almost killing her. Luckily, the Alpha had taught her a few moves to protect herself. This time it was the little girl who was almost found dead. They banished the little boy from coming near his sister again, for she feared her brother. Since then, on every birthday the little girl received an unknown gift, followed by a crow.

It was him, and now he was making his appearance

____________