The Reception

Anne was removing my giant wedding dress as I stood anxious to get back to the Great Room where Maxon awaited. "Are you almost done yet?" I begged. "Your Majesty, this is a rather large dress. Your reception dress is no different." She said casually. They worked swiftly until I was dressed in my reception dress. As the new queen I had to remember poise and gentleness. I slowly walked to the Great Room. At the door Maxon was waiting. "There you are love. They are doing a announcement for our arrival." He explained. I heard a guy on the microphone announce "Now presenting the newlywed King and Queen King Maxon and Queen America Schreave!" Maxon took my hand and we danced into the room applauding our marriage. I saw some of the Selected girls around the room. I saw Kriss, Emmica, Sosie, and a few others.

Maxon led me to the dance floor for our first dance as husband and wife. I put my head against his chest as he held me as we danced. I heard some Aws in the crowd but I continued dancing with my new husband. When the dance was over everyone else joined for a rowdy song Tessa Tamble played.

"Congrats on your marriage!" I heard a peppy voice behind me. I turned to see Elise. "Thank you. I heard you got engaged yourself!" I replied. She smiled gracefully. "I am engaged to a dear friend of Maxon. Maxon had the selected girls meet guys to whom they could very well marry if they wanted. I'm engaged to this man Jared Francisco. He's a natural Two and he's such a darling to me. How are things between you and King Maxon?" She asked. I grinned. "They are fantastic. This crown weighs a ton but my advisor says I only have to wear it when cameras are present which isn't very often. Maxon says we have to start on getting a heir to the throne even though I don't want to start so soon if you know what I mean!" I joked. She giggled. "Oh, I meant to ask you if you wanted to attend Jared's and my wedding. You and I were friends during the Selection and I still consider us as friends." She said. I smiled, "of course! I would love to! You'll have to give me a invitation in paper so my advisor can put it on my schedule and make arrangements and such. I have so much planned already! You wouldn't believe what the Queen has to do!" I gasped. She laughed. "Well you completely skipped the Princess stage so you go straight to Queen. Who is teaching you the ways though?" I smiled lovingly and pointed towards Silvia. Elise caught on and patted my shoulder.

Maxon surprised me from behind. "Love, time for the dedications." He said. I nodded. He wrapped an arm around my waist and led us up to the stage. "Ladies and Gentlemen it is now time for the King and Queen to make their dedications to the other Selected. Your Majesties?" The announcer announced. Maxon took the microphone. "Good evening Iléa as many of you know I am King Maxon Schreave. This is my new wife Queen America Schreave. We will be making our dedications to the other Elite. Darling?" He asked handing me the microphone. "Alright first things first, allow me to explain the Dedication. This is the time when the new royal couple say thank yous and such. The close call was between me and Kriss Ambers. Kriss come on up." I suggested. She came up blushing and stood next to me and took the 2nd place plaque. She hugged Maxon and me and we continued. "3rd place goes to Elise." We hugged and awarded. The fourth spot goes to Celeste Newsome. Sadly, on the recent attack on the palace, Celeste was killed. In her place, her older sister Kaira will take her trophy." We gave her the plaque and said sorry and such. Fifth place goes to Natalie. She was eliminated but she still got fifth place. Sixth goes to Marlee Tames." Marlee unlinked her arm with Carter and wobbled her pregnant belly up. "Before you go Marlee would you like to make a small announcement yourself?" I asked. She took the microphone, " Earlier I was accused of treason and our beloved King Maxon spared me and had me caned instead. My new husband Carter Woodwork and I are happy to announce in September our baby will be born." She announced. Everyone applauded as Marlee took her plaque and descended the stairs to Carter. Maxon leaned over and kissed me and whispered "You are so beautiful and generous America" I grinned and heard the crowd awe.

My wedding night was the best.