Explanations and Apologies |Karis POV|

Picture is what Kari looks like.

I felt like crap.

I gave into a blackmail and now I was being treated like a backstabber because of my selfishness. Alex stops talking to Estelle who gave me worried looks my way. Occasionally she gave glares which I understood. I still remember that horrible day a few weeks ago.
"Alright Kari, we are going to ask you a series of questions and you are going to answer them. The detector will tell us if you lie and the consequences won't be pleasant if you are" the officer explained and I nodded once.

"When did Isabelle Urkan approach you?"

"Two weeks ago"

The other officer manning the detector nodded once saying I was telling the truth.

"Explain the plan she forced you into."

"I was to continue being Alex's fiancé and when the wedding was going to happen, she would take my place and marry him instead of me and take the place of Princess and future Queen. She was then going to poison him with Cassava in a kiss." I explained carefully.

Cassava is a poison that only kills males. It was discovered about the time my grandparents were ruling. It attacks the males reproductive system and and soon sprouts a virus that feeds off of sperm. It kills it's host within a few days.

The officer writes something down.

"Do you love Prince Alexander and wish to court him without the interference of the southern rebels and become princess and future queen?" He asks watching me intently.

"Yes. I love him very much and I would marry him even if he was nothing but scum on the street." I say honestly. It was true, when I met him at a ball celebrating his parents anniversary, we became friends instantly and developed crushes later on. We began dated and when he proposed, I was so happy.

"Thank you Kari for your cooperation. You have been cleared for a new wedding in a few months with Prince Alexander. Have a good evening Your Highness" he says smiling.

I smiled brightly. "No, thank you. I was terrified I wouldn't pass."

I walked out of the interrogation room to see Estelle. "Hello Kari. I overheard the results. So they did force you? But the man who attempted to kill me said you were a lieutenant, or was that a distraction?

I nodded once. "It was most likely a distraction, I never met a rebel until I met Isabelle two weeks ago. Where's Alex? I want to see him"

Estelle blocked my path. "He's really emotional right now. He needs space before seeing anyone, especially you"

My face falls. "Why? I... I want to apologize for not telling him about the blackmail."

Estelle contemplated this. "Alright, but be careful"

I smiled quickly before turning to go towards Alex's room. I stopped in front of his door to compose myself.

He will be angry. He will be misled. He will be emotional. Most of all he will be upset.

I opened the door to see Alex looking in a album.

Our album.

"Alex?" I said earning a weak frown. "Here to tell me more lies?"

I shook my head. "I wasn't evil this entire time. I was manipulated by Isabelle. If you don't believe me, take a look at this" I hand him the copy of my results.

He studies it before a face of mixed emotions crosses his face. "You know, I had suspicions it was Isabelle. You have those ocean eyes while she has those pits of death of brown. I missed you" Alex says before leaning over and kissing me.

He's easy for forgiveness.

We sat in each other's arms remembering the feeling of love.

_________

I'm very very sorry for not updating. I've been very busy lately with the holidays and haven't been able to update. I won't make up excuses but updates won't be too frequent. I'll see about doing another chapter once I upload this, but don't count on it.

RATE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

Stalk me:
@its.kat.the.nerd (my private to keep up with me and know if I'll have a chance to update or not.)

@selection_in_america (I host selections periodically there, follow to see when I host another one.)