Chapter Six

"You don't have to do this of you both don't want to." Mom told us as she unhooked our bracelets.

I looked at Hope and she looked at me. We will do whatever it takes to help uncle Elijah.

"It's okay, mom." I smiled at her.

Hope nodded. "We're not afraid."

Aunt Freya walked up to us. "Ready?"

"So he's just in there somewhere, clinging to broken memories?" Mom questioned.

"The core of his being has retreated deep into his subconscious, but yes he's still in there." Aunt Freya explained.

"And I just search until I find him?"

"You don't have time. There are to many memories for you to randomly search. You have to think where would Elijah find refuge? It has to be somewhere that represents the fundamental basis of who he is. Hopefully, that's a good place. When you find it, draw him out and wake him up. But be careful, his mind is unstable."

Aunt Freya came back to where Hope and I were. Mom laid in the white circle. I bit my lip. Please let this work.

"Mom?" Hope said.

Hope and I shared a look when mom turned to us.

"Be careful." I told her.

"I'll be right back, sweetie." She told us.

Hope took aunt Freya's hand and I took Hope's.

"Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz." Aunt Freya, Hope and I kept repeating over and over again. "Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz."

We kept doing the spell. Hope and I stopped when our mom started thrashing on the ground.

"Mom!" Hope and I yelled.

"Hope, Faith, stop!" Aunt Freya shouted.

We ran to our mom and fell to the ground by her side.

"Aunt Freya, please, do something!" Hope begged her.

"Hope, Faith, I need you both to focus on the spell." She told us.

Aunt Freya kept doing the spell while Hope and I tried to shake our mom awake. Mom was thrashing.

"Come back, mom." Hope shouted, panic in her voice.

"Come back!" I pleaded with tears streaming down my face.

"Hope, Faith." Aunt Freya hurried to us. She pulled us out of the circle. "If we don't maintain the spell, we could lose her in there."

"Let us help." Hope said.

"We can save her, aunt Freya." I stated.

"Now, listen, I need you to trust me. This is what we're gonna do. I'm gonna put you inside the pendant. And when you're in there, I need you to call out to your mom. Okay?" We nodded. "Now, when you're in the hallway, do not open any doors. Do you understand?"

We nodded again and she stood. She made us lay on different sides of our mom. Hope on one side and I on the other. Hope and I held hands and our hand laid on our mom's stomach.

"Lay down. Okay? I'll see you soon." She kissed our foreheads before getting up.

Aunt Freya started the spell again and my eyes closed. I was suddenly in a white hallway. Hope and I started walking down the hallway.

"Mom?" Hope yelled.

"Mom?" I called.

"We're here." Hope yelled again.

"Where are you?" I called out. "Mom?"

We jumped when we heard mom scream our names. It was coming from a red door. It sounded like mom was fighting someone. I clinched my hand in fear. We heard mom scream in pain.

"Mommy." Hope and I screamed.

I felt the magic pulse through me. A bright light came from us.

"Mom. We can't find you." Hope said.

Mom came out of the red door and pulled us into a hug. Hope and I pulled away in concern.

"Are you okay?" Hope asked.

"Are you hurt?" I questioned.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." She muttered.

"Where's Elijah?" Hope wondered.

"I'm right here."

Hope and I turned at the voice. It was Elijah. Mom stood in fear. Why was she afraid?

"You need to leave. This isn't safe." She whispered to us.

"It's okay." Uncle Elijah said. "It's me."

I smiled.

"Go home, baby." Mom said to us. "Tell Freya it's safe to fix the pendant."

Hope and I moved away from mom and uncle Elijah. The magic pulse through us and we were back in the compound.

When we got back aunt Freya had us do a different spell to fix the necklace.

"Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin."We repeated. "Leigheas brotin. Leigheas brotin."

Mom screamed awake. I grinned. Hope and I ran to her.

"Mommy." We said, happily.

I hugged her and so did Hope. Mom breathed heavily.

"You did it." Aunt Freya crouched in front of mom. "You saved him."

Mom hugged us tighter. I closed my eyes.

A/N

Finally they sort of got Elijah back. He's in his right mind in the pendant. I was just thinking who's your favorite couple on the originals? Mine would have to be Davina and Kol. Because Kol was kind of a bad guy but Davina made him want to be good. Thanks for reading.

~Belle~