Chapter Five

"Ok. Let's see what you can do." Aunt Freya said.

Hope and I smirked at each other. We leaped in the air and grabbed the wood on the next floor. We turned to look down at aunt Freya.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Hope asked.

I jumped on the wood railing and some other wood stuff until I was on the ground again. Hope followed what I did.

"What do you think?" I questioned.

"I thing I wish I had core muscles like yours." Aunt Freya said.

"And that's nothing compared to what I'll be able to do once I trigger my werewolf side."

I stiffened. I knew Hope wanted to trigger it like me. But being a werewolf wasn't that fun. You break bones in your body when you turn. It's a good thing I'm a tribrid so I can control when I shift.

"Yeah. Um... has your mom ever talked you through turning?"

"A little. And I-I have friends. I mean, the whole killing a human part sounds kind of rough, but..."

"What about the whole breaking every bone in your body part. You know, when your mom talked to me about it, when she, um, really described it, it sounded worse than almost anything I could imagine. And, honestly, it's... it's not what she wanted for you. Both of you." She looked at me.

"Wants." Hope and I corrected.

"Not what she wants for me." Hope said.

Aunt Freya found us and sat us down. She told us what Marcel told her.

"It will be painful." Aunt Freya said.

"I don't care." Hope told her.

"You could die."

"We still don't care, aunt Freya." I said. "If this is how we save our mom, we'll do anything."

"We're talking about snuffing out a fundamental part of who you are..."

"Which, as according to you, my mom never wanted me to trigger anyway."

"But which she wanted to be your decision."

"And I'm making it."

"Not like this, Hope. Listen. I know what it's like to have something taken away from you against your will. Okay? For me, it was time. Years and years, cursed to sleep by aunt Dahlia, while the world spun around me. And I am telling you: when you realize everything you've missed, it devastates."

"You know, if it were just to save our mom, I'd want to do it." Hope stood up. "Or it could be the fact that... I'm partially responsible for her being taken. Or that I'm not even sure I want this freakish side of myself. But it's all those things. So, please, aunt Freya, get whatever supplies that you need, because you, Faith, and I are doing this."

I looked at aunt Freya who looked like she was having trouble knowing what to do. "How are we supposed to bind my werewolf side since I already triggered it?"

Aunt Freya glanced up. "The same spell I use on Hope but... since you already triggered it, it will be more painful."

I bit my lip. "Good to know."