Chapter Eleven

It hurt. The black lines that are crawling up and down my body. The pain. I knew what it meant. I was dying. My body couldn't take this much darkness. My family was hiding it from me. My sister was. That's why she looked like she was hiding something. She knew I was dying. If my sister got to live then I was okay with dying.

Hope haven't left my side because she was worried about me. Now I knew why.

Dad wanted us and our uncle Elijah to go on a trip to the Salvatore boarding house. Which also happens to be in mystic falls. At least I'll get to see Dylan. He left after Keelin and Freya's wedding. I missed him already.

I walked into the boarding school and immediately noticed Dylan talking with his other friends.

He smiled upon seeing me. He said something to his friends before walking over to us.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, hugging me.

I rolled my eyes, pulling away. "My dad thought it was a good idea to take a trip to mystic falls."

He laughed. "How are you feeling?"

I titled my head. "If you'll talking about how I'm feeling about everything, then not so good."

"You'll get through this, Faith." He smirked.

"Maybe." I shot my family a look but smiled back at Dylan.

Dylan took my hand. "Come on."

He started dragging me off. I heard Hope run to catch up with us. And Elijah was coming. Dad went somewhere else.

~~~~~~~

Hope was looking at the journal of Stefan Salvatore and a picture of Katherine Pierce or Katerina Petrova. She was a doppelgänger. And was also a vampire. She died along time ago.

"The diary of Stefan Salvatore." Elijah said as Hope looked at it.

"We're not supposed to touch it, but I practically have the whole thing memorized. And spoiler alert: dad is the villain and you're the evil henchman." Hope smirked him.

"From one very biased perspective." Elijah said.

"Yeah, well, Faith and I, uh, got a second opinion." Hope walked over to the files.

"Those are the mystic falls files. And in every single one of them, dad is the bad guy." I explained.

Hope nodded. "They are written by Alaric Saltzmen, volume one. In every story dad is the big bad wolf." 

I smiled but frowned when a pain started in my head. I held my head in pain and groaned.

"Faith, What is it? What's happening?" Elijah asked concerned.

Hope went to my and Dylan's side. "Faith?"

"It's okay. I'm great." I lied.

"Are you sure?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah." I lied.

"Well, Davina said she gave you some pills for discomfort." Elijah said.

"Yeah, but what would make me feel so much better would not being in the same room as you." I snapped

"Faith." Hope warned.

"What? You were thinking the same thing." I gave her a look.

"Let's get out of here." Elijah suggested. "I know a place in town. Does a disturbingly decadent burger."

"I'm not hungry." Hope stated, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not either. And personally I just don't want to go with you." I snarled.