Chapter Seven

I gasped awake. I was in my bed. How did I get here? The last thing I remember was in we were at the house and Hope and I were about to leave.

I sat up to look around, confused. Hope was on her bed crying. What happened?

"Hope?" I rasped.

She hurried off the bed to me. "You're awake."

"Is everyone okay? Where's mom?" I questioned.

Her face fell. "She's..."

My eyes found hers and I knew what happened. Oh god. No. Please let me be dreaming.

"You're lying." I said, moving away from her.

"Aunt Freya told me, Faith. She... she didn't make it." Hope said, crying again.

I shook my head. "No. You're lying. This isn't happening. Moms alive and okay. She's not... not dead."

"Faith..."

"You're lying." I screamed.

Lightbulbs in my room exploded. I felt pain, heartbreak and guilt. My mom was dead.

I started sobbing. "This is my fault. I came up with the plan and it got her killed."

Hope shook her head. "No. I agreed. It's not your fault."

"I-I just wanted my dad back. And- and doing that got the one parent who was always there killed. Why her? Why did it have to be her?" I cried.

Hope brought me to her and we both cried. Mom was the best. She was good. And I got her killed. Maybe the prophecy is true, maybe I will be the downfall of my family.

~~~~~~~

After crying for the lost of my mother I looked through my clothes for the best outfit for her funeral. Hope went through her clothes too. Aunt Freya was outside of our room waiting for us.

Dylan was coming to the funeral with us so he will meet us at the plane. I haven't really talked to Dylan since my mom's death.

"You ready for this?" Hope asked me.

I sighed. "No. Are you?"

She shook her. "I'm not either."

I took her hands in my own. "You and I can get through this. It will take time, Hope. But we have each other. Always and forever."

She squeezed my hand with a smile. "Always and forever, sister."

~~~~~~~

We were at New Orleans. The only ones with me were my sister, aunt Freya and Dylan. Where was everyone else? Instruments were being played.

"Where's dad?" Hope asked, looking around.

"He'll be here soon. He's just waiting on Ivy to help him with the astral projection." Aunt Freya explained.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"Marcel should be here. Vincent." She trailed off. "There's Josh."

I saw him. He waved at us. Hope and I waved back.

"What about Declan?" Hope asked.

I saw the look on aunt Freya's face. Seriously?

"Oh, my god." I said. "Did you not tell him?"

"He's in Ireland. I-I was so focused on everyone else..." Aunt Freya said.

"Oh, my god, Freya." Hope exclaimed.

"I'll fix it." She promised.

The people who played the instruments and the people who held Hope and my mom's coffin started walking and we trailed behind them. Dylan intwined our hands. I smiled at him. I'm glad he was here with me.