/6/

dear diary, 
yesterday was pretty weird for me. Zach actually talked to me and we had a somewhat decent conversation. it was kind of nice to talk to someone different. after school, i told Grayson that Caden and Justin were coming to visit over their break. he was excited. onto other stuff, i cut again. i guess, i was just feeling really lonely at the time and thought that there was nobody there to talk to. anyways, today is a new day...which sucks.                
- Adeline Rae. August 25. 

I walked into school not so confident, once again. Eve soon greeted me and she had a smile on her face as always.

"Are you okay?" she asks me, "yeah" I lied. 

Honestly, it's so sickening when people constantly ask you if your okay. Like obviously, I'm not okay. Stop asking that same question. 

"So, there's a party this weekend" Eve begins which broke me out of my thoughts.

"There's always a party on the weekend" I laughed lightly. 

"This is not just any party" she continues with her sentence from before.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"This just so happens to be-" Eve was cut off by a group coming up to us. Zach's crew. 

"Hey babe, so there's a party at my house this weekend. I better see you there" Zach smirks at me.

"You think that after one small conversation, we're now all buddy buddy?" I asked him. 

"Um, no. The whole school is coming but I just really want to see you there" he answers back.

"I'll pass" I tell him. 

"Trust me, she'll be there" Eve then speaks up after a moment of silence. I quickly glare at her, "what, you need to interact more" she says to me and Zach now has a confused look.

"You'll be seeing this beautiful girl at your party. I promise" Eve looks at Zach and he nods but also gives her a look as in saying "thank you."

Finally, the boy group walks away.  "Woah, when did Zach and you become buddies?" she asks me.

"Okay, me and Zach are not buddies. We just had a small conversation, that's all" I explain and she nods. 

School was finally over and I couldn't be any more happier. I was walking out of the building when someone pulled my arm and dragged me to the side of the schools building.  My eyes soon met with a pair of familiar eyes.

"What do you want, Zach?" I crossed my arms.

"I want to hear from you that you'll be coming to my party" he spoke.

"I don't know. Parties aren't really my thing, I don't even know a thing" my voice got softer and my arms were now to the side of me. 

"Please" he pleads. 

"What is it about me that suddenly interests you? We've been going to school together for like four years and now you decide to talk to me" I ask looking into his eyes. 

"Ever since, I found out that Grayson had a little sister and his sister was you. Something, just made me want to get to know you a whole lot more. Adeline, you are a mystery. But you are a freaking mystery that I can't figure out" Zach explained. 

His words actually shocked me.

  "I just want a chance, Adeline" he pleads looking back into my eyes.

  "I have to think about it, okay?" I tell him and he nods his head. 

"See you tomorrow" I start to walk away.  Some part of me feels not stressed because now I understand why Zach has a interest in me. Another part of me feels happy because I'm actually doing a good job at communicating with other people. 

Once, I arrived at my house, my parents were sitting in the living room and watching tv. Grayson was probably upstairs in his room.  Honestly, my dad never really payed attention to me. It affected me at times, only because a father should always focus on all of his kids.

  "Hey, sweetheart!" my mother happily speaks as she stood up from the couch and came over to me. "How was your day?" she questions, "good, i guess" i replied quite confused with my answer. 

"That girl wasn't giving you trouble, was she?" she asked and i shook my head no. Grayson then walked downstairs. 

"Oh hey, Adeline" he smiled.  "Guys, I need you to clean your bedrooms and help clean the house as well. Your brother and Justin will be here this weekend" my mom explains to us and we nod. 

Grayson went into the kitchen after and I made my way upstairs into my bedroom. 

My room was already clean. Normally, if there was anything out of place then it'd bother me.

Word count: 799