/8/

Eve
August 27

Currently, I am at Adeline's house helping her get ready for the party tonight. Honestly, I'm really happy that she decided to go because I know that she'll end up having the time of her life. Her mother wasn't that worried because Grayson would be there and he promised to watch Addy at all times. But I was going as well. So two chaperones without her knowing. Addy soon walked out from the bathroom wearing what I had given her. It was ripped black denim jeans, plain black halter top and black heels but the heel part was thicker therefore it was easier to walk in.

"I'm gonna wear this jacket because my cuts" she softly spoke then put on a black jacket.

"You know, I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on you" I said referring to her wearing all black. We both giggled after. "Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded, grabbing her phone then we started walking downstairs.

"Have fun tonight girls! But please be careful" her mother told us and we each nodded. Eventually, we had gotten into my car and was off to the party.

Zach Herron

Almost the entire school was here but still, no Adeline. Where was she?

"Aye Zach, where's Adeline?" Jayden asked walking over to me by the stairs with a drink in his hand.

"I'm not sure" I spoke. Someone tapped my back and when I turned around, it was just Jayden. But he pointed towards the front door.

My body turned and my eyes met with another pair of familiar eyes. Adeline. She looked so beautiful. The butterflies soon came back just seeing her standing there. Jayden and I both walked towards the two girls.

"Hey, Adeline and Eve" I greeted as my best friend just gave a small wave then went off to somewhere.

"I'll leave you two alone" Eve said then slyly slipped by everyone else that were in the hallway. Adeline started playing with her fingers and looking down.

"I love the look" I chuckled, acknowledging her all black attire. A small smile appeared on her face and I swear that she giggled lightly. Gently, I took her hand and started leading her towards the kitchen where nobody really was. "Want a drink?" I asked and she nodded her head. My hand went to grab a water bottle but she immediately stopped me.

"I rather have something somewhat alcoholic" she spoke. "After all, you are supposed to show me what people do at parties" she confidently smirked.

"Oh, I didn't know we were playing it this way" I laughed then handed her a Heineken beer bottle. "Start you off easy" I winked and her cheeks turned to a pink. She looked so cute blushing.

A different song came on and her eyes lit up. It was, 3-15 by Bazzi. "I love this song" she started bobbing her head to the music.

"Want to go dance?" I questioned and she hesitantly nodded her head. We walked out the kitchen and onto the dance floor where so many other people were. Adeline seemed a little shocked yet flustered. But she shook it off and started dancing as if nobody was watching. I watched as she had a smile on her face the entire time. Sometimes, she'd even laugh which was cute. I didn't notice that I wasn't dancing until her soft and small hands grabbed tightly into mine.

"Dance with me" she said and we started dancing together. I have to admit, it was the most fun I've ever had with a girl. My past girlfriends always wanted to just stay at home and do nothing or watch netflix all the damn time. But Adeline, she seems like the girl you can always have fun with. She may not look like it but I'm sure she is. Adeline could be up for adventures at any time.

Adeline Rae

Two hours had passed and it was, 11:00 pm. Zach and I were sitting at the top of his roof as everyone was still partying down below. Before we came up, I saw Eve talking with some guy and Grayson talking with his friends. They seemed to be having a ton of fun.

"The stars are so beautiful" I comment looking up towards them and I could see him doing the same.

"Just like you" he compliments turning to me. I giggled lightly, "that was so cheesy" I said and he shrugged. "But it's true" he said seriously and my facial feature softened. "Adeline, how come you always wear long sleeves?" Zach asks and my heart drops. I never expected him to ask such a question.

"It's cold" I simply lie. "Tell me the truth" he could already read right through me. I sighed, taking my jacket off and showing him my wrists full of cuts.

"Zach, I go through depression and I cut myself. Everyday, I wear long sleeves because of my cuts and they make me feel so insecure. But I also wear leggings or jeans as well, because I think so badly of myself. I believe that I'm ugly and not attractive. That's why, it was so shocking to me to see that a boy like you found an interest in me" I explain.

"But Adeline, you shouldn't be insecure. You are so beautiful and guarantee there are so many girls that want to look like you. You've got gorgeous mint green eyes that I can't help but stare into. Beautiful smile that I love seeing. Cute buttoned nose and cheeks. Amazing hair" he said and we both laughed at his last compliment. "Your body is perfect. You are beautiful in and out. These cuts are something that you should not be ashamed or insecure of. They are battle scars and it explained what you have gone through. Your such a strong girl. You are a warrior. You are a survivor" Zach continued then gently took hold of my arms. His lips softly met with each of my cuts on my wrists and some that were on my arm. Soon, his eyes met mine and for the first time. I had seen a different Zach. The way his eyes showed love, caring and lust. We both leaned in and eventually, I felt his soft lips connect with mine. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer. My arms went around his neck. The two of us had pulled apart and he rested his forehead on mine. A smile on both our faces and our eyes never leaving one another's. "Adeline?" his voice came out soft.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he bit his lip.

"Yes."

Word count: 1123