Chapter 4: The Blue Guardian

A few months have rolled along since the tryouts. Currently we were entering our first examination which involved a heavy physical course, so Yang and I decided to spot each other till it comes.

As always though Yang made any event into a test of willpower when ever she hovered over me and tried to smother me each time i brought the bar down.

"Just five more Ulric, don't want to fall behind me do you?" Yang teases me with a smirk as I suck in air and lift the bar once more trying to push her up and away.

Although if you ask me it was because I was the only guy she knew who wouldn't be distracted by her in short shorts...which I wasn't...

"I think 200 might be enough." I grunt out lifting up once again as she moves to my side. "Well aren't you a 'ton' of fun." She wiggles her eyebrows as I groan making the bar drop slightly.

"Yang I said no puns when I lift. You'll distract me." i say to her as she sways over me and lowers to my ear in a whisper.

"What, you don't like me and my puns?" When she says that I lose a bit of focus from the proximity and suggestive tone she used not realizing she added more weight onto the bar as my arms being to shake before being stable.

"Yang!" I shout trying to maintain the bar from crushing me, making me sweat a little from the extra load.

"Hehe you sounded bored so I thought you'd like some more, too heavy?" She smirks/pouts as I finished with the last few lifts with ease.

"You know Yang." I place the bar on the ledge after completing the rep and sit up towards her. "I don't have to be here you know."

She moves her hand over her chest acting hurt with a pout. "You don't want to be with me Ulric? That really hurts."

I maintain my stone cold expression when she tries that card. "You know Ruby is the only one who can make that work. Your too Yang to use that act."

That seemed to get her going as she glares at me, her hair flickering slightly. "So I'm not cute at all to you?" she taps her foot waiting for me to fix my mistake.

"Yang... your cute, but not in the adorable way..." I let out in a whisper to avoid others hearing.

"Ohh so how am I then blue boy." She gets up to my face as I try looking away.

"When you laugh your smile is cute." I softly say with my face heating up as she looks at me.

She stares for a minute in silence slowly turning red stumbling back a bit before hiding her face and small grin with her hair.

"My smile huh..." she seems to be lost in her thoughts when I stand back up and grab my clothes.

"Well Yang, im gonna head out to the forge now. Make sure to clean up after you're done." I wave hoping she heard me as I change into my school gear.

'Tink...Tink...Tink...pshhhhhh'

The sound of hammers and heat can be heard ringing across the room as students work on weapons and gears for the upcoming exam.

The smell of metal and dust could be picked up no matter where one was at in the building.

'Ahh, i never get tired of it.'

Mr. Ferrous could easily be heard in the background yelling at students who weren't following the safety instructions.

Suffice to say this place was like my home at the school. I spent a good amount of time here when others would spar or study.

Not that I didn't do all that, it's just currently I've been stuck on making my own gear that I spent weeks on. But they always led to being to complex to be functional.