Chapter 5: A Day in Vale

"I can't believe you!" Yang shouts with a stomp of her foot glaring daggers into me. Knowing I was in trouble I succumbed to her and Ruby's interrogation without resistance. Seeing me banged upon my return after I bolted on them deserved a lecture so I couldn't complain.

When I got home from the talk my parents to say the least were surprised and upset to see me hurt and in new gear. I had to skip school for a few days relying on emails and Notes I asked Yang for as I recovered. So surprise, surprise I have both Yang and Ruby now questioning my choices, which was surprising coming from Yang.

"You go off without telling us anything only to message me after school that you are home, and to make it worse you came back injured…Blue boy you are in so much trouble!" She keeps ranting about how stupid I was as I look at Ruby and feel more regret fill within me.

She just looks at me with her silver eyes that have some tears starting to trickle down as she tries to maintain a glare and pout. "You could have told us there was something happening Ulric." Was all she said as I nod my head accepting my lecture.

After they were finally done Yang come up to me and wraps her arms tightly around my neck pushing our cheeks into each other as I feel her warmth enter my face. "You really are an idiot Ulric. You shouldn't go off without telling anyone and especially us." She clenches tighter. "Please don't do that again."

I go to place my hand on her head and softly stroke it. "I won't, but those people needed someone to aide them. I swore to become stronger so I could help people like that day years ago."

"We're not angry about that Ulric." Ruby finally speaks again as she walks over joining Yang in the hug. "We're angry that you didn't contact us or anyone for backup." I nod to her argument making her smile.

"You truly are and idiot Blue boy." Yang says in a whisper as Ruby looks at me growing grin. "But you really are a hero when it matters." Seeming them smile like that makes me smile as well till a knock comes from the door.

Yang and Ruby let go as the door slowly opens showing someone I haven't seen since I arrived here.

"Greetings Ulric, I'm sorry for the surprise visit, but I just wanted to have a chat with you if that is alright?"

His cane made a solid thump as he stopped a few feet before me. His glasses drooping down from his face, revealing his eyes that held a stoic look. His small smile filled with a calmness that relaxes others around him.

"Mister Ozpin? This is a surprise." I give him a nod of my head to greet him. "I would be glad to talk with you."

He nods back to me before checking his watch. "Thank you for your time, however I do ask for privacy as it concerns you directly." He looks to Ruby and Yang who nod before walking out.

"We'll be downstairs Ulric." Ruby says leaving my view.

"Don't go anywhere, or I'll really get mad." Yang warns me but holds a smile as she follows after.

Once the door closes Ozpin moves my desk chair so he sits across from me on my bed.

"Thank you for your time today." He looks at me directly as if examining a specimen in a lab before continuing.

"I must say Ulric; you seem to be building a name for yourself before you even have become a hunter." He opens his scroll that shows a folder with my name and profile within it.

"At age seven not only did you engage with your first Grimm you stalled it and rescued your friends doing so." he taps down as more words appeared.

"After that, in only a month of your aura unlocked you once again saved the same girls and this time defeated the Beowolves on your own before Qrow and Summer came to help."