Chapter 7: Beacon Bound

"I can't believe my sister is coming to Beacon with us. This is the Best day ever!" Yang exclaims, wrapping Ruby into a bear hug making the younger girl groan in pain.

"Yang...I think your breaking her..." I tap her shoulder when Yang looks down seeing Ruby more pale than usual and quickly lets her go.

"Heh heh sorry Rubes, but I'm just so happy." She says rubbing the back of her head, but still holding a grin.

"It's nothing really Yang, im just glad I get to come to Beacon with you two." She says quietly to avoid the people around us.

"Nothing really? You got into Beacon two years early! You're the bee's knees Ruby." She says loudly giving her praise as Ruby shakes her head no.

"I don't wanna be special Yang!...I just wanna be a normal girl with normal knees." She looks down holding the hem of her skirt.

"Ruby you can do both." I add into the conversation upon seeing her frown. "You are special Ruby, being able to join Beacon early is a very big feat to accomplish. However you can still be a normal student here." I pound my chest before smiling. "I'll make sure you have a great time here."

I pat her head as she smiles softly. "Thanks Ulric. You always know what to say." She wraps her arms around me as I return one back to her before Yang speaks up.

"Hey where's my pep talk and affection?" she says with a mock pout as I roll my eyes.

"Sure Yang, you are soo~ amazing now come here." I turn to her with open arms as she happily lunges into a hug of her own. "Better?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Much. thanks Ulric." She smiles before our attention is drawn to a lady on the screen.

"Welcome to Remnant News with me Lisa Lavender, who is currently at the scene of the most recent attack from the White Fang, the Faunus terrorist group has once again..." I try listening but the screen changes to the lady we met back when we fought Roman.

"We of Beacon academy would like to welcome all first years in joining us today."

"Who is that?" Yang asks before the projection begins to speak again.

"Greetings, I am Professor Glynda Goodwitch." She begins as Yang forms an O shape with her mouth in getting her answer.

"You select few have proven to be the best of your peers, and have been accepted to join our prestigious Beacon Academy. Currently our world has found a time of peace and it will one day be your duty to uphold it. While you're here you will learn from the very best and use that knowledge to become the next generation of hunters and huntresses that will protect our world."

Goodwitch fades away before all of the students see the scene outside from the windows.

"Wow." Is all Ruby can say before moving closer to the window viewing Vale from far above. The city is bustling with life as the blue sky shines brightly with the rolling clouds around us.

"You can see Signal from here." Ruby says again as I notice that it really is in view. "I guess home isn't too far away after all."

Yang and I walk up to her to see the view before Yang speaks. "Beacon's our home now." She smiles slinging an arm around her shoulder as we enjoy the sites below us.

"Uhh...ohh." Someone says with a sickly tone as all three of us turn to see a blonde kid lurching forward by the railing.

'Ahh, poor Jaune' I thought to myself with a smirk.

"He doesn't look too good..." I say with a worried voice as the boy holds a hand to his mouth making inaudible noises as he turns green and rushes past us.