Chapter 8: Initiation and Forming Teams

For Ulric's landing strategy it wasn't anything flashy. He concentrated his Aura into his arms because he was about to hit a tree. He broke right through it snapping it in half. This was follow by flipping his body to have his feet be the first thing that touches the ground. Quickly channeling his Chakra into his legs, Ulric slid for a bit causing the land to be cleave a little.

'Hmm that was fairly easy.'

As growls grew louder as a few Beowolves crept from the bushes; teeth gleaming from the sunbeams that pierced the tree tops.

Ulric casually dispatched the pack of Beowolves with Chidori Senbon as the precisely sharp Senbon shot for the target's vital points.

Ulric turned his attention the sky, 'I wonder how everyone is doing?'

Flash change scene

Meanwhile with Ruby, she easily manage to land on the ground safely without difficulties. Despite hitting a bird along the way she was completely fine. She bolted away with only one thing her mind.

"Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang gotta find..." She then screamed for her sister's name a couple of times, but she received no response.

'Ugh this is bad, this is really bad! What if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first?' Her thoughts form a white cloud above her which display her and the people she met in drawn forms, 'There's always Jaune... he's nice. He's funny! I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. Oh! What about Blake? So mysterious, so calm. Plus she like books! Well, then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Also, there's Ulric. He would make the ideal choice for a partner!'

She realized what she said as her cheeks began to lit up a before shaking her head to get rid of the cloud, 'Ugh! Okay... who else do I know in this school? There's Yang, Jaune, Blake, Ulric, and...'

Ruby soon came to a halt when she spotted a familiar white hair girl. The two just simply stared at each other for a moment. A smile creep on Ruby's face while Weiss narrowed her eyes at her.

Weiss continued to stare at her. Finally, she sighed. "Well, I guess we're partners."

"YEAH!" Ruby yelled. She looked at Weiss sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that. Kinda nervous. I've been killing myself wondering who my partner would be."

"Nerves can kill a person," Weiss said nodding. "Ulric said that to me once."

"Yeah, I can attest to that statement," Ruby nodded. "Soooo...which way do we go?"

Weiss balked. That was a good question. "Uhhh..."

Flash change scene

At the same time, Yang was walking around aimlessly hoping to run into someone. She was getting really bored that no one had heard her yet and wonder how her sister was doing. Though she wanted Ruby to find someone else to be her partner, she hoped she didn't find Ulric first. The reason why is because she wanted him to be her partner. Ulric and her made a great team at least that's what she thought. It was not that he was the first person that didn't fall for her natural charms or the fact that he made her heart race in excitement whenever they fought. Numerous times in the past, men became fluster at sight of her especially her chest and she knew instantly that they just wanted her for her looks.

A rustling noise appeared from behind the bush and decided to investigate. "Ruby is that you?", a snarling sound appeared causing her to look up, "Nope."

A Grimm appeared that had the appearance of a bear with spikes called Ursa attacked her. Yang rolled to the side and activated her gauntlets, but she had to back flip to dodge another Ursa's attack. Yang went on the offensive by punching an Ursa in the guts the delivering an uppercut and kick to the second. Her strikes emitted fire each time she land a blow causing the Grimm to feel burning pain.