Chapter 13

Everyone was eating dinner, and with intense awkwardness with Navia as a guest. It was something Violet thought she could never get used to. Frank was eating, and didn't seem too interested in any conversation. After a long silence, Columbia decided to chat with Navia.

"So, your soul purpose, I've heard is to retrieve Frankie, and to take him back home with you forever. And all to yourself I might add."

She was eating agrily, stabbing her knife into her honey ham as hard as she possibly could. Violet was surprised she didn't break her plate.

"Well you don't have to put it so harshly. Frank here has had time to himself, doing whatever he pleases for quite a long time. According to Transylvania Headquarters, it is for his own good to settle down, unite with a soulmate, and become king for his dear planet."

Frank tried not to make it obvious the whole ordeal was bothering him. He continued to put on a casual act as Columbia and Navia discussed the whole thing.

Columbia layed down her silverware.

"Frank has the slightest of interest to do anything you've just said, I know, because I KNOW HIM!"

Violet took a bite of her ham and patted her mouth with her napkin, knowing soon, Columbia was going to pop her top.

"It isn't my orders, and you wouldn't understand anyhow, because you're pure human. You'll never get it, you'll never know the Transylvanian ways!"

Columbia looked like she could smack Navia-no punch Navia right across the jaw. Instead, she got up, and sobbed away like she always does when she's upset. Frank finished his dinner and got up from the table, leaving Navia and Violet to sit together.

Navia took a swig of her wine. She looked at Violet who was sitting just across from her.

"You, girl."

Violet turned her head saracstically.

"I know what you're thinking."

"You do you?" Violet said in a violent tone.

"You have infatuation over Frank."

"I'm just doing my job."

"Job." She laughed.

Violet fell silent. Navia moved to sit closer to her.

"You aren't his main focus. Though you may have had some important role in his sex life, you mean nothing but a thing to use when he feels like it."

Violet's jaw droppped. Basically Navia just called her a whore, and tried to sugar code it with such pretty, pretty words. She stood up from her chair.

"Who on Earth-"

Navia rose a hand to interupt. "Ah, ah, ah! Transylvania, my dear. I'm no Earthling."

"Whatever! Who do you think you are? You know nothing of my purpose!"

Pushing her long pony tail off her shoulder, Navia shot Violet a smile.

"I understand you're angered."

"What?"

Was this woman some mind reader?

"Frank has taken something from you."

Violet began to walk backwards to exit the room, she was a bit creeped out by her knowing so much without even knowing her hardly at all.

"A friend? Maybe?"

She breathed heavily.

"And worst of all, he's taken you."