Comfort

Thanks to all the nice comments requesting another update, I got this chapter done a lot faster than I thought. Plus this was a lot of fun to write because - ⚠️ fluff warning ⚠️ - there's quite a bit of Jaya coming up 😂😂😂.

Comfort

Nya stood in front of the apartment, anxiously waiting for an answer. But nothing came.

Maybe Jay wasn't at home, he might have gone out with his friends. She probably should have called before coming all the way here...

Just as she was about to turn away and leave, she could hear her boyfriend's voice from the other side of the door. "Just a second." He shouted. "Who is it?"

"It's me." Nya said shyly, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Nya?" He sounded... surprised.

What if he wasn't happy to see her? After all, she had been the one to insist on not spending the evening together. And even though he was home right now, he might still have plans to go out...

But then she could hear his footsteps quicken as they approached the door.

And had she looked up when he opened the door, she would have seen a bright smile on his handsome face as he was standing in the doorway, dripping wet and wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

But she didn't. Neither did she take the time to admire the image that presented itself to her. Right now, all Nya wanted was a hug. And so, she threw herself into his arms and buried her face into his chest, inhaling the comforting scent of milk and honey.

Jay didn't say or ask anything in response, he just wrapped his muscular arms around his girlfriend, pulling her even closer, if that was possible.

Nya thought she heard him wince slightly as she put her own arms around his back, but still he didn't say a single word.

As she took another deep breath, the Samurai realised that the blue Ninja she had encountered earlier today had a similar scent to that of her boyfriend's – he hadn't smelled as fresh though after all that fighting – he probably used the same kind of shower gel or shampoo. And that that had been one of the reasons why she had trusted him.

"What happened?" Jay finally asked, nuzzling into her raven black hair.

'An evil snake almost killed me because I didn't pay enough attention.' Was what Nya wanted to say.

"I had an awful day at work." Was what she actually said.

She had tried to hide those feelings from her teammates (who had scolded her for running after the snake on her own and without her mech) and from the Ninja, but the female Samurai was more than just a bit shaken by what had happened earlier. It had been a way too close call.

So, after the eventful day, Nya had looked forward to spending a nice, quiet evening with her brother. But when she was just on her way home, she received a message from Kai that he was going out tonight, asking her to join in.

Despite their success against the Serpentine, Nya hadn't felt like celebrating at all. And she didn't want to be alone either. At home, she had just taken a quick shower and changed into a comfortable (and clean) outfit, before tossing her toothbrush and a set of spare clothes into her bag and heading off again for her boyfriend's apartment.

"You wanna stay over?" Jay suggested, noticing that they were still standing right in the doorway. And, at least for himself, not in the most presentable attire.

"I'd love to." Nya replied in a low voice.

She blushed when they broke apart and she finally got to take a good look at Jay's current state. Not that she hadn't seen him shirtless before, but it was still a very pleasant sight.