Realisation (Part 1)

This update was requested by Sunnyninja13 .

Realisation (Part 1)

"I should make some upgrades to my hardware." Zane stated. "The smoke grenade severely affected my optical sensors, and I do not wish this to happen again the next time we encounter the Samurai."

"Lucky you." Jay huffed, taking a sip from his coffee. He would have to remember to not throw the paper cup away at the tea shop, for Sensei Wu liked neither coffee nor disposable cups. "I wish I could upgrade my eyes, that stuff really stung. And my lungs were even worse."

In the small office at Steep Wisdom, the two Ninja were analysing data from their battle against the Serpentine – and the team of Samurai.

"I am afraid there is not much we can do about your eyes. But we could look into changing the material of our masks in order to add an air filter function." Zane suggested.

"Style and function." Jay smirked. "I like the idea."

"Now, let us watch the CCTV footage from your fight. This might give us a clue as to what Pythor was looking for."

"Okay." Suppressing a yawn, Jay nodded sleepily. Although it was still early in the morning, they had already spent almost two hours watching security tapes from yesterday's 'incident' at the Mega Monster Amusement Park.

Hopefully, this was going to be the last one.

Jay deeply regretted his offer to help the White Ninja this morning. And this was not only because he was very tired, but also because he had had to leave his warm bed – with his still fast asleep girlfriend – way too early today.

Jay had been (pleasantly) surprised when Nya had unexpectedly turned up at his place last night, but he would never have turned the upset girl away.

The blue Ninja hadn't felt too great himself either, so the couple had spent a very quiet evening together just cuddling while watching a romantic comedy and having pizza in bed, which had definitely helped both of them get better.

But unfortunately, this had also meant that Jay had had to come up with yet another lie to explain why he would have to leave for work early.

The Nindroid typed a few commands into the keyboard, pulling up a technical plan of the Ghost Ride on the computer.

"Do you remember in which tunnel it happened?" He asked his teammate. "You've mentioned that there was a camera, is that correct?"

"Somewhere here." Jay replied. "And yes, there was."

"There are three cameras in this area. Let us have a look."

Zane downloaded the footage recorded by these three cameras on the previous afternoon and opened all of them up in split screen mode.

"This one." Jay pointed at the video showing in the top right corner.

Zane closed the other two files and fast-forwarded the right video, until Pythor and his four henchmen arrived in the cave and started digging. Not long after, the red Samurai turned up as well.

"He has to work on his stealth." Zane remarked. "Not only was he very loud, but the way he walks also created a lot of vibrations in the ground that the Serpentine must have detected."

"She." Jay corrected him. "She was very loud."
"She?" Zane raised an eyebrow. "You mean...?"

"Yes, the red Samurai is female, and probably the others four are girls as well."