Stunned

I had to 'improvise' a bit for this chapter because it was never shown in the show how Pythor captured Nya (and in this story, the Ninja were caught before the Samurai).

A huge Thank You ! to daniaanlyn who's had a look over this chapter and who is going to help me with some parts of upcoming chapters.

--

Chapter 18: Stunned

"I detect increased anxiety levels." PIXAL's voice came over the communicator.  "And you haven't spoken a word since we have left the autobody shop. Which is rather unusual for you, especially since you have started spending time with Jay."

"In my defence, I was asleep for most of the time." Nya retorted before giving a little sigh. "But you're right, I'm very worried about our guys."

For the past few hours, the two friends had been travelling through the night. They were on their way to Orobourus, where they were to meet with the other three Samurai before entering the abandoned (or possibly not anymore) settlement. "And Misako's probably going to fire me when we get back."

"I do not think so." PIXAL replied. "She has realised that she might have been wrong about the Ninja. And we would not have this lead on Lloyd, had it not been for Jay's message."

"But by keeping critical information from her and the other girls I've broken an important rule." Nya stated. "And I've dragged you into it as well."

"I am rather grateful that you have 'dragged me into it'." PIXAL answered, and Nya could hear a little smile in the droid's voice. "Also, you did it to protect your brother and boyfriend."

"Which, in Sky and Sel's opinion, I shouldn't have at all." Nya said back. She chuckled weakly. "The boyfriend, I mean. They can't do much about the brother."

"But there is no official rule against being in a romantic relationship." PIXAL reassured her teammate. "I have checked that."

"You have?" Nya smirked under her mask. "I wonder why you did that..."

"We are on the right way." PIXAL ignored her friend's teasing remark. "The tracks in the sand right below us match the Ninja's Tread Assault, Blade Cycle and the Snowmobile."

This confirms the meaning behind Jay's text message... Nya realised. But I still don't know why he sent it, and neither option is a good one: Either my boyfriend has found out about my secret, or he's so worried about this mission going wrong that he just wanted me to know where to find him and Kai – or... their bodies.

"We're here." PIXAL's voice once more snapped Nya out of her thoughts. "This is the closest we can get to Orobourus without being spotted. The others should meet us here in about 3.4 minutes."

The sun was already starting to rise over the desert, when the two girls landed their mechs on the sand, separated from the formerly lost city by a large rock formation.

"Orobourus is close enough now for my scanners." PIXAL stated. "When we get back, we should start working on a long-distance scanning device. I believe the Ninja have something like that."

And it's my fault that we don't. I should have gotten those files from Jay's laptop, there was a folder with blueprints on his harddrive...

"Detecting life signs." PIXAL informed Nya. "Four hundred and thirty-six Serpentine and five humans."

Five. That means...

"He's here." Nya gasped.

"Who's here?" Seliel asked as the smoke grey, orange and green mechs landed next to the other two.