The End - or a New Beginning?

Well, that's it. This chapter concludes this story I started about 13 months ago. And while the ending could lead into a sequel, I don't think that's gonna happen, at least not anytime soon.

Anyway, thanks everyone for reading/voting/commenting and of course for your patience 😘.

—-

Chapter 23: The End - or a new Beginning?

Although Steep Wisdom was a rather successful small business, Jay couldn't recall having ever seen the tea shop this busy.

And the auburn haired young man was rather glad that it was not paying customers that he and his coworkers/teammates would have to take care of on this Saturday afternoon. Right now, the shop was closed to the public, for the Ninja and Samurai had gathered here for a little celebration.

But while most of them were off duty today, Seliel and Skylor had volunteered to serve the fingerfood that Zane and PIXAL had prepared this morning – and, despite his current nervousness, Jay hadn't failed to notice that they were a lot better at this job than himself.

The blue Ninja hadn't gotten around to try any of the delicious looking snacks though, as he was anxiously waiting for his girlfriend.

He hadn't seen – and had hardly spoken to – Nya since he'd dropped her off at her home almost two days go, on their return from his parents' junkyard.

After they had salvaged a few parts from her mech and safely packed them away – his mum and dad had promised to ship them to the city the next time the mailman would come by their place – the couple had flown back to Ninjago City in the Storm Fighter.

Although they had rather reluctantly parted, Nya had insisted on going home; she was tired, and she and her brother still had a lot to talk about.

And, of course, all of them had a day of college work to catch up on.

The lovebirds had initially planned to meet for breakfast this morning, but the black haired Samurai had had to cancel at short notice as she been called into work by her boss Misako Garmadon.

Strangely enough, Mrs Garmadon had already turned up at the party a while ago and was happily chatting with her brother-in-law and her son, whereas Nya was still nowhere to be seen...

And Jay was getting more and more anxious by the minute. It wouldn't be fair if she had lost her job as mechanic and Samurai for keeping his secret!

Especially as Jay himself had done pretty much the same, without suffering any serious consequences.

After Nya's call, the blue Ninja had used his time to also talk to his Master his morning. The wise Sensei had listened to Jay's apology and explanation – and then vehemently refused to accept his offer to resign. But what if Nya hadn't been as lucky?

Jay was just about to call her, when the raven haired girl came bursting through the door. "Sorry, I'm late." She panted. "I was working on some blueprints for my new mech and completely forgot the time." She apologised.

Jay walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "As long as you're here now." He greeted her with a kiss, ignoring the daggers Kai was shooting at his back. "And I take it your meeting with Misako went alright then."

"It did." Nya beamed at him. "Sure, she gave me a bit of a lecture, but then let me off with a warning – I think PIXAL had already explained the situation to her yesterday. And she actually thanked me for my help in saving Lloyd and gave me permission to rebuild my mech."