Scrap N Junk

This chapter was not in the original story plan and is not really necessary for the plot, I've only added it for some Walker family and Jaya fluff...

Chapter 22: Scrap N Junk

"Wake up, sweetheart. We're almost there." Her boyfriend's voice as well as a gentle (and a little bit scratchy) kiss to her cheek woke up the red Samurai.

Her eyes still refusing to open, the raven-haired girl yawned and stretched her arms, only for her hands to hit against a hard, cold surface. She finally managed to blink and realised that she was sitting below some kind of transparent canopy... and her memories started to slowly come back to her.

Nya eventually remembered that she was inside Jay's Storm Fighter – and apparently, she fallen asleep sitting in his lap, her boyfriend's arms tightly wrapped around her and his stubbly chin resting on her shoulder.

As she looked outside, she saw some flashing, colourful lights spelling out 'Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk'. This didn't look like only almost there.

She turned around in his embrace, well, at least as far as she could inside the small cockpit. "Why didn't you wake me sooner?" She asked accusingly. I'm not ready to meet your parents...

He smiled. "Because you were so cute." He said, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm not cute." Nya complained.

"Yes, you are." He insisted, placing a quick kiss on her scrunched nose. "Now, c'mon, my mum and dad are waiting for us."

While most of the Ninja and Samurai had decided to return to the city right away, Jay and Nya as well as Jay's teammate Cole had taken a detour via Jay's parents junkyard, to take care of Nya's badly damaged mech. Jay had called them right after the Storm Fighter had taken off from Orobourus, to inform them of their visit.

The blue Ninja opened the hatch and waved at the elderly woman, who had just come running out of the trailer. "Mum."

Jay had to wait for Nya to stand up on her still slightly wobbly legs, before he could skilfully jump out the plane, as he had done many times before. He offered a hand to his girlfriend before he turned to hug his mother.

"Jay." Mrs Walker exclaimed. "What a nice surprise. But what are you doi-" She stopped when her gaze fell on Nya. "Nya, my dear, it's so nice to finally meet you." She affectionately smiled at the girl. "We've heard so much about you. And look at you, you're so cute." She gushed.

Jay leaned towards his girlfriend, smirking. "Told ya." He whispered into her blushing ear, and Nya didn't feel like objecting in front of his mother who was still rambling. "You're even prettier than on those photos. But you look so tired, and..."

She stopped mid-rant and narrowed her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. "Jason Edward Walker. Not that I am not happy to see you, but what are you doing here on a weekday, looking like you haven't slept in days – and in a fighter jet? Don't tell me you have quit college, have you?"

"Of course not, mum." Jay smiled at his mother. Nya knew that his parents had made quite a few sacrifices to pay for his tuition fees, and it would be quite a huge disappointment to them if he did not finish his degree. "But this was kinda an emergency, and-"

"What could be so important that you two miss your classes to come visit us here today?" Edna demanded. "Nya isn't pregnant, right?"

"No, she isn't." Jay was quick to reassure his mother, before he turned to his girlfriend, paling. "You're not, right? I mean you've just fallen from the sky twice, and-"