Trust Issues (Part 1)

"I trust you."

These words still kept lingering on Jay's mind as he and Nya were silently sitting next to each other on a bench under a cherry tree. On their way to the autobody shop, the couple had stopped at a coffee shop opposite a small park to get some take-out breakfast to enjoy outside in the warm morning sun.

But while it was going to be another lovely day, the blue Ninja felt simply awful.

He trusted a Samurai to be in his apartment and to use his laptop (where he stupidly did kept the blueprints of his Storm Fighter as he was looking into a way to upgrade the Ninja's elemental vehicles) but, even before finding out her secret, he couldn't trust his girlfriend with the truth.

How was this relationship supposed to work if they both had to keep these things from each other?

He glanced at the girl beside him. Nya had also been unusually quiet the whole morning. Now she was staring blankly ahead as she slowly mumbled her croissant, occasionally taking a sip from her paper cup.

Jay copied her actions, not feeling very hungry but it gave him an excuse not to talk.

Eventually, Nya set down her cup on the bench, put the half-eaten croissant on top of the lid and scooted closer towards her boyfriend.

"I love you." She almost sounded sad as she leaned against him.

Jay also put down his cup to wrap his arm around her, pulling her even closer.

"I love you too." He whispered into her hair.

-----

Despite taking a slightly longer break at the park than they had planned, Jay and Nya arrived at the autobody shop just in time for her shift.

As Nya went to the staff room to put away her college bag and get changed into her work attire, Jay pushed his bike into the garage and waited for his girlfriend.

"Good morning Jay." He was greeted by the female android he had met the night before (well, he had briefly met her a few times before when he had picked up Nya from work, but they had rarely spoken).

"Hello PIXAL." Jay smiled at her. "Did you enjoy dinner last night?"

To Jay's delight, she and Zane had gotten along really well. Although PIXAL had initially been more interested in finding out about the other robot, in particular his cooking skills and his job at Steep Wisdom, she had eventually also opened up a bit about herself after the two girls had talked to each other in private – Jay was no idiot, he was aware that that's what girls usually did when they went to the bathroom together.

Zane didn't have any friends outside the team, so the blue Ninja was really happy for his teammate – although he knew just too well how complicated it was to date a Samurai...

"I did." The droid replied with a smile. "Both the food and the company."

"Now, where's the patient?" Nya asked from the back door. She was wearing some loose fitting black overalls over a long-sleeved red T-shirt, and a pair of safety goggles was sitting on top of her head.

Jay's jaw dropped. He had never seen his girlfriend in her work outfit – well, he had seen her as Samurai X but not as a mechanic – and he thought that she looked absolutely stunning.

"Uhm... h-here it is." His eyes still fixed on Nya, he gently patted the black leather saddle.

"You're okay?" She suspiciously eyed him.

Jay blushed. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

"Not today." She giggled, stepping closer to plant a kiss on his open lips. "And you're too cute. Wanna help me a bit? I can give you some disposable overalls."