Realisation (Part 2)

This is a rather short filler chapter but nonetheless important for the story.

-----

Realisation (Part 2)

"No no no no no." Nya kept muttering. "This can't be." The raven haired girl slammed her head on the desk, right onto a photo of herself and her boyfriend that she was always carrying in her wallet.

"Nya, by trying to hurt your head you might succeed in forgetting about this but not in altering the fact that your boyfriend is one of the Ninja." PIXAL stated firmly. The two girls were sitting in the autobody shop's small office, reviewing the recordings that Nya's Samurai mech had taken on the day before. "And you would not have asked me to compare their biometrics, had you not expected this outcome, so why are you refusing to accept the result?"

"I know..." Nya sighed, looking up at the computer screen, where they had paused the video of her and the blue Ninja – Jay – fighting against Pythor and his generals. After their victory, the Ninja had wiped his sweaty forehead, causing his mask to slip and a very familiar small notch in his right eyebrow.

The same one her boyfriend had.

And suddenly, it had all made sense. The blue Ninja's comforting - and inciting -  scent, how it had simply felt right when he had hugged her, how she had without hesitation shared her worries about their relationship with a stranger (and a rival that is), even Jay's injured back.

"I just find it hard to believe that he would keep such a secret from me..."

"You are doing the same to him, aren't you?" PIXAL gave her a stern look.

"Of course, I am keeping all this here from Jay." Nya was quick to reassure her teammate. "But only to protect him and us." And because she had been scared of his reaction – after all, Jay was known to overreact...

"So it might be the same for him." PIXAL suggested, making Nya remember what he had said to her. "Please, continue the tape." She requested.

"He said some very nice things about his girlfriend." The Nindroid remarked after they had finished watching the recording. "Which means you."

"He did." Nya blushed. "Please, don't tell the others about him being a Ninja." She added.

"Why not?" PIXAL was surprised. "The blue Ninja's identity is an important piece of information to all of us."

"But he is still my boyfriend. And you know Rumi. She hasn't been too happy about me dating anyone at all, because she is really worried about me revealing our secret to him."

"This is correct."

"Just imagine if she finds out my boyfriend is one of the Ninja, she'll definitely want me to break up with him or leave the team, and I..."

"I understand." PIXAL smiled at her friend. "I have heard how you have talked about each other on the video. Unfortunately, I was programmed to always tell the truth to the other Samurai, so it will not be easy to keep it a secret from our teammates."

Teammates...

Nya gasped. Jay had accidentally referred to Kai as his teammate...

"The tea shop!" She exclaimed.

She opened her purse and took out another photo, this time showing a younger Nya with her brother.

"It's a few years old but can you try matching him to one of the other Ninja?" She pointed at Kai.

"Confirmed." PIXAL responded almost instantly. "With a 92.3% probability, the person on this picture is the red Ninja. And if we include the result that your boyfriend has a 99.2% chance of being the blue Ninja and that they know each other..."

"Please, never tell me the odds." Nya pleaded. "Let's just say, it is them."

"This is acceptable." PIXAL agreed.

"This means the Tea Shop must be their headquarters." The other girl concluded.

"Do you happen to know who else works with them?" The silver haired Nindroid wanted to know. "I cannot find any information on their website."

"Their boss is a bit old fashioned. And secretive." Nya explained. "I am surprised they have a website at all... but I've met them at Kai's birthday party. He should have some pictures of them." She unlocked her phone to access her brother's Chirper account.

"There's Cole and Zane." She told her friend. "Zane's a robot, by the way."

"He does not look like an artificial being at all." PIXAL was impressed. "I can confirm that Zane is the white Ninja and Cole the black one. You need to find out more about them."

"You want me to spy on my boyfriend and my brother?"

"That, or I will tell the truth to Harumi."

"This is blackmail." Nya protested.

"No, the only way to override my programming is to find a compromise that provides an advantage to our team." PIXAL said apologetically. "I am sorry, but even my superior mind cannot think of any other solution."

"Alright..." Nya sighed. At that very moment, her phone started buzzing, as if joining in.

The raven haired girl checked her inbox.

"It's from Jay." She told her friend. "He's asked me out for dinner."

"I suggest you accept his invitation."

"Oh, I will, but not just to find out more about the Ninja, okay?"

"Of course." PIXAL smiled. "I wish you a wonderful evening."

"Thank you." Nya smiled. "By the way, are you doing anything tonight?" The red Samurai grinned, having scrolled down to read the remainder of the message.

"No. I am not." The female Nindroid shook her head.

"Well, you are now." Nya stated, typing a reply into her phone. "Because we're going on a double date. Jay's friend Zane is very excited to meet you."

-----

Which POV would you like to see in the next chapter? There's four to choose from 😉.