CHAPTER 16

Yasmin pov

"Yes!" I shouted excitedly as I threw my hands up in the air and smiled at my exam sheet that laid on my desk with an A¹ at the top of the script. After spending two days in the library reading, it finally paid off.

Not that i actually slept in the library, who would do that?

I glanced over to see some students sulking, some happy and some held no expression for example Jake and Max, they looked deep in thoughts.

I was about to leave when I felt someone's hand on my shoulders which made me flinch. I turned to see Jake's brown eyes.

Lower your gaze Yasmin! My inner voice said.

His brown eyes reminded me of little drops of caramel.
"So how're you feeling?" He asked breaking the silence that transpired a few minutes ago of me getting lost in his chocolate brown eyes.

"F-fine and thank you for protecting me."

"It's nothing, so is the tutoring still on 'cos I really need it." He murmured scratching the back of his head. I could see his muscles intruding from the black long sleeves v- neck top he wore.
"Oh there you're honey, what are doing with her? Bug off freak." Regina came out of nowhere with her eyes shooting daggers at me.

"I don't know what made you so screwed up but it worked, and when I feel like lowering my intelligence I will talk with you but nah! I don't feel like doing so, but as you can see I'm busy. So go away and take your cheap as with you." I snapped.

Regina glared "Careful, be sure of who you're talking to."

"Oh don't worry about it. Nobody misses to recognise the self- acclaimed bitch queen from hell!" I spat and headed for the door before I stopped and turned back looking at Jake "And Jake, just meet me library after closing."

Jake pov

It has been a bit rough with the case about Frank but finally, it's over. Frank was taken to jail and I'm free, I'm so happy that we don't have to worry about that messed up drunkard for the next ten years fortunately.

"Yes!" Someone shouted in an excited voice which brought me back to the present. My eye searched the class for the girl, my eyes landed on her, the hijabi. She must have passed the test. I sighed as I looked at mine, I got a 'D'.

Ring! Ring! Ring! The bell rang and I saw her get up to leave the class with her notes in her hands, holding them to her chest and her glasses on the bridge of her nose threatening to fall. I need to ask her about her body due to the incident that happened two days back, so I rushed after her. I'm not pretending, I really care. I hope this feeling doesn't last long. When I finally caught up with her, I was debating on whether to say hey, yo, hi or just tap her shoulder. I decided to just stick with option three.

She looked at me with her blue eyes and I know that I'm just lost in them at that instance, her blue electrifying eyes reminded me of the ocean, they're so beautiful that I don't think words can describe it.

" Hi, So how're you feeling?" I asked.

"F-fine and thank you for protecting me." She replied

"It's nothing, so is the tutoring still on 'cos I really need it." I murmured scratching the back of his head, it kinda felt awkward asking her for help.

"What are doing with her? Bug off freak." Regina came out of nowhere glaring at Yasmin.

"I don't know what made you so screwed up but it worked, and when i feel like lowering my intelligence i will talk with you but nah! I don't feel like doing so." Yasmin snapped.

Regina glared "Careful, be sure of who you're talking to."

"Oh don't worry about it. Nobody misses to recognise the self- acclaimed bitch queen from hell!" She spat and headed for the door before she stopped and turned back looking at me with a happy face "And Jake, just meet me library after closing."

This girl is really something and I gotta admit, she did leave me speechless.

........

"Do you mind if I seat with you ladies." Max and I said looking at the girls.

"Yeah sure. After saving Yasmin, looks like you aren't much of a jerk." The hijabi said whose name I think is Khadijah.

I sat next to her and Max sat next to Angela with his hand over her shoulders and he kissed her on the lips.

"Ugh! Get a room."Yasmin said covering her eyes.

We all looked at her and laughed.

"So if I take your chocolate what will you do?" Jason said as he took a bit of his burger.

"Simple, you will be eight feet under!" She smirked.

"They bury people six feet under." He Chuckled.

"Yeah but that doesn't stop me from stomping your ass two more feet down."

"Good thing I didn't take your chocolate because I have a life to live."

Jason said with a serious face"Khadijah, I need to tell you something I have been holding back for three years, I really love you!"

.........

Yasmin POV

I glanced at my wrist watch and sighed, it 4:45 pm already I have been waiting for over an hour and still no sign of Jake in the library. I told him to meet me here at 3:30 but it's already 4:45, good thing I brought my novel with me and my maths notebook.

Yup, call me a nerd.

"We're closing Miss Ahmad, we need you to leave dear." The librarian smiled sweetly.

"Yes Mrs Louis." I said as I stood up to leave.

JAKE IS SO DEAD!

Ignore grammatical and spelling errors,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Lots of love♥♥

~Xoxo~