CHAPTER 25

Sighing, I left the comfort room and my eyes made contact with him, not Jake but actually him.

"Hello Yasmin!"

What's he doing here?

"What d-do y-you w...want from me?" I demanded.

"Oh! My Yasmin is a big girl now huh!" He shook his head.

"I asked a question, what do you want from me Leo?"

"Can we be friends again chocolate?"

"After all this years! How dare you come back and act like everything is all right, do you have any idea of what I went through!" I snapped and blinked my eyes fast to prevent the tears that tried to escape my eyes.

He dragged me into his arms as the tears began to flow.
"I'm sorry." He said softly.

Allah said that if someone wrongs you and apologises, you should forgive him or her. He dared touching me!

But i can't.
Not this time.
I slapped him hard on his left left cheek moved away from him and quickly left the school premises for somewhere I can brush off the heat.

I can hear his calls ringing in my ears, pleading for me to stop but I have gone too far to go back to his arms, his false promising arms.

JAKE POV

I have never seen her so mad and angry like this, it must be because of her mother's condition. Angela can't tell the guys, she was kidnapped by the boss after he heard the news of her relationship with Max which is forbidden by the boss, but he released her when I threatened to expose his identity to the press and the police. We also told him that Angela had joined the gang even though they were all lies.

I remembered clearly how she freaked out when we came to save looking nervous and scared like she had seen ghosts. She couldn't even talk to anyone, not even Max. Max became worried that he had lost his girl and decided to support her in any way possible.

I walked down the hallway leading to the playroom as Yasmin lingered on my mind, I have been thinking about her lately and no matter how much I try to push the thought to the back of my head. It still seems to push it way back.

...........
I drove my car out of the school premises to the most quiet place in New York, or maybe in the world. A hill that is surrounded with grasses and at the tip of the hill rested a tree. When I climb the hill, I can see the whole city with the street lights and the sound of cars screeching and music flooded the city. It's the same since I was five I used to come here anytime I wanted peace and quietness from the regular argument between my parents at home. My dad had always complained of little things like how sour the food tasted which was a lie. He had always called my mum bad names; a whore, slut and accuse her of sleeping with other men. She wouldn't respond to his accusations but would cry her heart out and would still end up comforting him and following all his commands.

I remembered the day he came home drunk and started smashing anything he got hold of, he beat my mum mercilessly and left her bleeding. I couldn't do a thing but to watch her suffer, she had end up dragging him into her arms, comforting him as she wiped her tears until he fell asleep but it never stopped him from beating her the next day.

Faint sobs intruded my thoughts, I packed my car across the street and walked to the tip of the hill where the tree was. The sobs became clearer as I saw a girl sitting with her head buried in her palms. I took a step forward and stepped on a dry leaf making it to crunch which alerted her to raised her head that was buried in her palms and look at me. Her beautiful blue eyes that are red and teary from crying are fixed on me as I sat next to her. She used the back of her little hands to wipe the tears that flowing.
"Isn't it beautiful?" I said to her.

"Yeah." She said in a cracky voice.

"I know what it feels like to see someone you love dearly suffer and you don't know what to do to stop the pain but you just stay and watch without doing a thing." I sighed. To watch you Yasmin cry and not knowing what to do or how to seize the pain you're going through, I wanted to add.

I know that i have grown a thing for Yasmin, something more than friendship, something I never felt towards anyone.

"And how do you know that? how can you of all people possibly know the definition of pain when all you do is curse pain to others." She sneered.
"Because I have gone through this and I have survived it, seeing my mum in so much pain." I ignored the last part.

"I had watched my mum get beaten cruelly, humilated and insulted my the one she called her husband; my dad. And me not able to do a thing about it."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that you know anything-"

"About pain, yeah." I finished.

"Question time, can you tell me more about your family?" She asked hopefully.

I didn't answer her question and neither did I say pass, she kept staring at me with her beautiful blue eyes and for a split seconds, I was lost in them.

"It's OK if you don't want to talk about it." She said softly.

"No it's OK, I want to talk about it."

I told her everything including my mum's second marriage and why I became a bully to the Muslims but i didn't tell her about Leo and the gang and what surprised me was how open minded she is. She didn't hate me or look at me in a bad way but she smiled at me with her promising eyes and told me everything is gonna be alright and I want to believe her. I wanted to believe that everything is, but I know that it wasn't.

"It's feels good to tell someone other than Max." I concluded.

"I look like a mess." She said obviously trying to change the subject.

"Nah! You look beautiful." I murmured to myself.

I didn't notice that I said it out loud until I saw her eyes filled with shock on me.

Shit!

Sorry for the late update! I know i kept you guys waiting but I had a tiny problem with my phone but it's all fixed now and i hope it won't screw up again.
This chapter is dedicated to someone amazing i met on wattpad; jasbetti
I have started a new book 'Resisting Mr Billionaire', make sure to check it out.
Ignore grammatical and spelling errors,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Lots of love♥♥from Maryam Isah

~Xoxo~