CHAPTER 31

Dedicated to all my readers!

Yasmin's POV

The drive to school was quiet, Abubakar kept looking at me from time to time without saying  word.

I shut the car door, muttered a thanks and stepped into the school. Immediately I got to my locker, I saw Angela waiting for me. She tried to hug me but I simply ignored her and went straight for my books.

"Um..Yasmin did I do anything wrong?" She asked softly.

"Why don't you ask yourself!" I spat and left.

If she isn't gonna remember where she went wrong, then she shouldn't even talk to me.

Leaving me alone was bad enough but not coming back was worse.

As I entered the classroom, all eyes were looking at my direction. I searched for my usual seat in the first row and sat.

"If it isn't Cinderella in vodka." Regina's high pitched voice echoed sending everyone into laughter.

"That's enough Regina." The math teacher said. "Your exams are coming up in the next two weeks and this time I want everyone to get an A and not only Yasmin." This earned glares from everyone.

The door opened and Jake stepped in, his eyes met mine and we both froze.

"You're late!" The teacher's ear piercing voice snapped me from my thoughts.

He went straight to the seat behind me and sat.

"Alright, I'm gonna give you some works to do and it's gonna be in teams, a team of two. So all of you in the first row should team up with those in the second row and that should go on to the last row." He tapped his glasses and steadied them.

Why do bad things keep happening to me? I don't wanna fail math, I don't wanna skip a classwork but I don't wanna be close to him, to Jake.
The teacher went round class, sharing question sheets to be solved. When he finished, he left the class but gave us 30 minutes to be through with it.

I faced Jake and said, "I will do it on my own."

.............

The teacher came in after 30 minutes and we all submitted the work, I packed my books to leave the class when the teacher called, "Yasmin and Jake, I want both of you to stay, I want to talk to you guys."

Everyone left. Jake, the teacher and I are alone in the class.
"Yasmin, the exams will be in two weeks time." He started. "So how is Jake catching up with the tutoring?"
"Good." I simply replied.

"Um...good, you may go but I don't want him to fail."

I walked into the cafeteria and saw my friends, but not all, Annabelle, Khadijah and Jason were out of town and Jake had gone back to seating with Regina's clique.

I sat quietly in the middle of Jacob and Max.
"I'm sorry Yasmin, I had no idea that you were almost raped. I swear I didn't know." Angela pleaded.

"You don't know huh! Well I never expected you to, you left me alone to get drinks but you never came back. In fact, I don't need to stay with you guys!" I stood up to leave but bumped into Leo.

"I'm sorry Yasmin, I just heard about the party, are you OK?"
"You left me to meet sexy ladies, so why don't just go to them!"

"Wait Yasmin!" He kept on calling me but I doubled my speed towards the school field. A sudden grip on my arm made me to stop. I turned to see that it was Jacob.
"Yasmin, they have already apologized, why are you behaving this way. It's completely useless, you're being arrogant and self-centered."
"Don't you touch me! I'm a Muslim and you can't touch me. Don't you get that!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry." He let go of my arm. "Come, let's go somewhere." He led me outside the school premises. We went to where his car is packed and got in. We kept going and I have no idea where he is taking me to. In fifteen minutes, we got to a flower field.

We got off and he led me to where the flowers are. The site is beautiful, different kinds of flowers were there; lily, rose, sunflower, you name it.

"It's beautiful."
"I know right but that's not that's not the real beauty." He smiled and turned back. I also turned and yes, he was right. That wasn't the beauty but this; I can see the whole town, it seems small and I feel like I'm on top of the world. This is really a sight to behold.

"It's amazing."
"You wanna walk down the field?" He asked.
"Sure."

We walked down the field, picking flowers and playing like kids. He stopped and so did I, is something wrong? I wondered. He plucked a red rose and tucked it in my headscarf.

I don't know what happened at that moment but I kept looking at him and so did he.

My eyes went from his brown hair to his beautiful blue eyes down to his half open pink lips and his one-sided dimple.
I don't know what I feel but whatever it is, it feels weird.

His hand brushed my face and his eyes were glued to my lips. He brought his face close to mine, aiming for my lips. A strange feeling took over my body as I tilted my face and at that instance, his lips touched mine, I found myself withdraw from the quick kiss.

"I'm sorry for that. I mean, I didn't mean to."
"Let's just pretend that it didn't happen."
Definitely, you wanna race me to the end of the field?"

"I can't run, I'm too slow." I whined.

"You're on!"
"Before I knew it, Jacob started running and is way ahead of me. I  turn on my engine and ran but I'm still behind him, so I decided to use the 'I'm hurt' card.

"Ouch! I yelped and fell to the ground clutching my ankles in pretence. He rushed to my side and asked, "Are you hurt?"
"My ankles hurt, I tripped."
"Let me see." He offered but before he could reach for my leg, I pushed him on the grass and ran almost getting to the end of the field.

"Oh! So you lied huh!" He got up and chased after me.
"Got you!" He held me by my waist and we both crashed rolling on each other. I rolled off him and lied on the grass next to him.
"Yay I won!" I squealed.
"You cheated!"
"But how?" I feigned innocence.

"You lied!" He did a puppy face.

"Oh my! I didn't lie, I pretended."

"But-"
"There's a difference."
"You my friend are weird."

........

"I think that we should head back to school now." I said as we wiped the dirt and grass off our clothes.
"Yeah." He replied.

In fifteen minutes, we were back to school and after we both checked our schedule, we found out that we both had the same class; English, so we went together telling jokes and laughing.

.......

Ring! Ring! Ring!
The bell echoed through the whole school and everyone rushed out of their classrooms in excitement.

"So I will see you tomorrow for the science fair?" Jacob asked as he hanged his bag pack over his shoulders.
"Yup."

When I got home, I prayed and thought of what Jacob said.
Maybe he was right, I'm self-centered and arrogant.

I have to forgive Angela and Leo tomorrow but as for Jake, he can go to hell.

Another chapter released!
Ignore spelling and grammatical errors.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share
💖💖💖