CHAPTER 42

Jake's POV

"Let's get going Yasmin could be killed anytime now." I suggested to Max. My body trembles with fear. I had felt the same when Victoria was murdered. It's my fault Yasmin is in this mess. I failed to save Victoria but this doesn't mean that I will give up on Yasmin. I will do whatever it takes to save her even if it means putting my life on the line.
"We have to plan and strategize how we are gonna save, any reckless act could lead to the end of all our lives."

"Then what do we do?"
"I say we tell the boss that she will join the Gang. Then we can simply leave. Yasmin can pretend to be part from time to time just as we did with Angela."

"He isn't gonna let her go." I stated.
"But why?"
"Cos Yasmin is the granddaughter of Mokhtar."
"You mean mokhtar, the founder of the Flames, the first boss?"
"Yeah, his son ruined the whole gang and that's her dad. I don't think this is about making Yasmin join the gang. This is about getting revenge for what happened to his father who also got arrested."
"If Yasmin is in trouble, them I'm going too." angela chipped in.
"You're going no where. You might get hurt."
"I'm not asking for your permission, I'm just telling you. Yasmin is in danger and you think I'm gonna keep my ass on the couch. I don't think so. I have a plan."

Yasmin's POV
"hello dear. "
I can't believe what I'm seeing. I kept staring at the guy with pale blue eyes. The boy I thought was my friend.
Why is Jacob here?

"I can see that you're surprised darling, I expected that. I have a story to tell you, you wanna here it?"
I didn't answer him, I can't process what's happening. Who is the real Jacob?
"I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you." He smiled. "I came to your school to keep an eye on Jake but I found out that both of you fell in love. I tried to make you love me so you can forget about him but I couldn't. That's why I kissed you at the garden. When I found out that it wasn't gonna work, I sent my cousin Leo knowing that you two were very close. I'm the one who made Jake breakup with you. It was sad but I didn't care. And boy is it awful hanging out with your dorky friends. I had to act like you guys so I could fit in. You were doing good getting over him but you just had to go back to him."
So Leo and Jacob were in this together.
Leo suddenly walked in with a stupid smile. He looked at Leo and said. "I'm just telling her a story. Why don't you join us?" He looked back at me and continued. "Where was I? Oh! I remember. I had to do what was right. Jake is an important member of the gang and we won't lose him for a mere girl. Let's go father, I think Leo has something to say." They both walked out.
Father?
I thought both his parents were dead.

"I didn't want to do this but I couldn't watch you love him. This isn't about the gang. I'm really in love with you. Just join us and I promise to take care of you forever."

"Never! How dare you! After kidnapping me and lying to me. You have the guts to say that you love me!" I spat.

"Shut the fuck up! That pile of shit was never there for you. Right from the beginning, I was the who cared for you, I protected you and suffered for you." He unlocked the cage and came in. I stepped back until I felt my back touch the wall. He dropped his hands to my waist and held it firmly. I tried to push him away but he's too strong for me. He pressed his lips to mine but I turned my face. I used my hand to punch him and he staggered. He winced in pain and I saw the anger on his eyes. He slapped me on my left cheek. This time he grabbed me by my hands and tried to kiss me again but I fought back.
"BOOM!"
The sound of wood colliding with a head rang in my ears. Leo fell to the ground and my eyes met jake. In a flash, his hands encircled me in a hug. I didn't respond, I couldn't. Tears ran down my cheeks and dropped on his shirt. "I'm sorry." He said softly.

Jake's POV
The door opened and a girl stepped in. I recognize the green eyed girl with long straight ginger red hair which was cut short.
"Can you cut the emotional crap!" Victoria sneered.
"I-I thou..thought you were d-dead." I was sure she died when the boss shot her in the stomach.
"Are you astonished to see me. Let me guess, you thought I was dead, I thought I was too." She laughed hysterically, resting her beady eyes on Yasmin. "I see you got yourself a bitch and a Muslim too. So interesting, you thought the boss killed me, he wouldn't kill his own daughter. Think about it, I never took you to my house and you have never met my family. He wanted to prove that you never loved me and after he pretended to kill me, you gave up on me and found another girl. Get them." She ordered some able bodied men.
"What of him?" One of them said and pointed to Leo.
"He'll get up on his own." She shrugged.
"We can walk on our own." I held Yasmin's hand and headed for the door.
We went to the chamber. It's a place where all decisions and meetings are held. I feel guilty for what happened to Victoria. She was innocent and nice but all that are gone thanks to me.

A boy whom I recognize from school evilly smiled at me. He sits with Yasmin and her friends. Jacob! Is he in this too?
"I see you you've met my brother." Victoria said having seen me looking at him. The boss came out from his room and reached to touch Yasmin's arm.

Yasmin's POV
I moved closer to Jake to avoid the touch of the short plump man I met earlier. I felt Jake's hand grab me and pushed me behind him in a protective style.
"I swear if you touch her, I will cut off those filthy hands."
"No, no, no. Who am I to touch the daughter of the great Ahmad Mokhtar Ali."
How much of me does this man know?
"H-how did you know...my Father's name?" I questioned in a cracky voice. His lips twitched slightly into a frown, slumped on a couch and started. "Your father killed your grand father for some worthless wench. The whole gang got arrested, including my father and was left in prison to rot. Bit by bit, I rebuilt this empire again. I wanted to go after your elder brother but he doesn't school here. You're the one who walked right to my doorsteps. You're legend, so you have to join-"
"Accepted." Jake interfered. "She will join if you can make her. Now!" There is a loud sound of gun shot and the man on my right fell. Before they could access what is happening, Jake brought out a gun and started firing. Whoever is up there is doing a great job by the non stop shooting.
Jake shot the boss right on the forehead before a tear gas dropped. He used one hand to guard me and the order to shoot will we ran for the door.

Woah! There are so many of them.
With their eyes piecing into ours, they launched at us but Jake is way faster than them, he dropped a bomb and we ran through the door we came in.
The door shook and fire blazed underneath. We made it into an empty room and hid.
Angela and Max appeared.
"What are two doing here?" I asked surprised.
"Long story cut short, we have to escape." She handed me a gun.
Jake looked at me. "Have you ever used a gun?"
"No, but I can manage." All these suppose to scare me but I feel like I'm in the movie Red and I'm Sarah.
"The door out is through the main hall and I'm sure there are hundreds of them. Max said.
"There's a tunnel which will directly lead us outside but we will have to go through the second chamber to get there. I figured it out while I stayed here as a captive." Angela flashed Max a glare which made him lower his face. Whatever that means.

We came out of the room and Jake ordered me to stay behind him. I watched like an idiot as they did the shooting. I saw Jacob point a gun at Jake. Oh no you don't! I fired the gun which landed on his body but down, down, down there. He growled in pain and fell.
Jake winked. "You play nasty." I couldn't help but smile. The second chamber is finally cleared and we have to go through the tunnel.
The tunnel is dark and can hardly see the end. Above, I can here voices and feet stomped. We crawled a good distance before we got outside. Police cars are parked and I can see my parents and friends.
"Did you call them?" I asked Max who nodded.
Immediately Abubakar spotted me, he ran and eloped me in a bone crushing hug. The others came and joined me. Mum became over dramatic by crying and kissing me on the forehead. Some people who I think are from the hospital due to their dressing came forward to check on us. They asked numerous questions and I answered.
The cops marched in with guns.
"Are you hurt?" Jake asked.
"No, you?"
"I'm a man, we don't get hurt." He laughed. All the anger I felt towards him vanished. He left me because he cares. His hands enveloped me in a hug and this time, I hugged him back. "I'm sorry." He whispered. He held me tighter and twirled.
"BOOM!" The sound of gun being fired started me. I faced Victoria with a gun. The fear and surprise in her eyes made me look at Jake.  His shirt damp with blood, causing him to lose balance and fall.
He took the bullet for me.
The cops got hold of her, took the gun away and shoved her into a police car. She kept screaming, "You will pay for this bitch! You took him away from me."

My eyes fell to Jake and tears streamed from my eyes, trying to stop the flowing blood.
"Please don't go, don't do this to me. Please."
He put his hands on mine. "I..love..you..I'm sorry."
"No please don't leave me, I love you." he was put on a stretcher and into an ambulance. I still held his hand, everyone came to me, holding me back.
Ya Allah! I'm begging you, let Jake live. Through the tears which made me hardly see, I saw Jake eyes shut and he mouthed "'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu. (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner; and I bear witness that Muhammad is  His slave and His Messenger.) before the ambulance door closed and sped off.

I felt the world crashing down on me, my legs gave up and so did my body. My eyes also gave up to the endless darkness.