Epilogue

Yasmin's POV
(Years later)
I walked down the streets freely. The streets are strangely quiet. It's drizzling but I don't care. I splashed in puddles of water and watched the dark sky, pregnant with rain.
"Hayati, you'll get wet." He approached me with an umbrella. He's grinning like a little kid but still I know he was worried about not finding me at home. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, although it's being years since our marriage, it feels like highschool.
"It's just drizzling Jake." I whined and sat on his laps. I placed my head on his chest feeling his heart. He placed the umbrella over my head but I slowly dropped it on the ground and pushed his wheelchair under a roof to keep him from the rain.

It was a miracle that he survived the shot. Leo died after Jake hit him with a heavy stick and Victoria got arrested but Jacob was never found. It sometimes disturbs me that Jacob might be out there, planning on revenge. Jake spent months in the hospital and he had insisted on coming to prom, he attended the prom on a wheelchair and it was fun. But I most times can't help but feel guilty. Victoria had aimed for me but he took the bullet. He must have noticed the concern on my face and said. "Hayati, whatever Allah wills, it happens. I'm the one who made the decision to protect you so don't worry about it. I actually like it this way. Through this, I get your attention much more." He teased and winked.

"Mummy, Hannah picked your paper without telling you!" Sa'eed reported while running with his little legs.
Hannah followed with tears in her dark brown eyes. "Did Sa'eed beat you again?" Sa'eed is fun of playfully beating her but poor girl, she never takes it to be just a play, she will cry and cry till he apologize.
"H-he shou-shouted at me." She said in between the sobs. It's funny how the twins fight. Hannah is a replica of Jake and Sa'eed has my eyes but looks exactly like his father. They are Eight years old and attend Silver Elementary, where I met my Alpha.

"She took your paper." He defended and handed the paper to me. I examined it and the realization struck me.
MY OLD BUCKET LIST
All the wishes were ticked except for one.
Get on a a bus and drop off at a random place.
"I saw that you have one more to do, so I kept it hoping that we may complete it one day." He smiled.
I kissed him on the lips and I felt burst of emotions. Finally, a day I can kiss Jake without the thought of it being Haram cos he's finally my husband and the father of my two wonderful babies. All the troubles I went through is totally worth it.
"How about we complete it now?" He suggested.
"How about we all go on an adventure?" I faced the kids.
"To where mummy?" Hannah asked.
Jake smiled and replied, "To where life takes us to."

It's not who he is at the beginning but what he turns out to be at the end...

THE END
So sad that it has come to an end. Thank you all for being with me on this exciting journey. It is the end of Burning Hearts but not the end of me. I will edit the book and spice up some chapters but I won't change the plots. My next book is Resisting A Cocky Billionaire.