XXVIII- Final Goodbye

[Morgan POV]

My breaths echoed in the bedroom as I started out the window glaring. My dad and me haven't had a decent conversation since the day at the hospital. I didn't know whether he was still in town or left for good. I felt arms around my waist as I felt somebody's head on my shoulder.

"You alright?" His soft tone asked. I looked up and smiled at him.

"Just thinking... Does my dad still work at the hospital?" I questioned. Jasper knew I didn't like talking about him ever since that day.

"Carlisle told me he hasn't seen him around, therefore the house still has your dads truck outside of it." His grip on my waist tightened. He kissed my neck and released his grip on my waist. He handed me my backpack and I tossed it over my shoulder.

"I should go pay him a visit." I exclaimed. Jaspers eyes widened and raised his eyebrows. "He's my dad... I at least should say a final goodbye to him." Jasper sighed but nodded.

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"Sure, but I don't want him to furthermore pull a attack on you like he did with Emmett." He groaned but nodded agreeing to my terms.

"Fine,"  he agreed. "But if he blames anything on you... I won't hesitate to go in there. Deal?" He asked. He stuck his hand out and I shook it.

"Deal."

_

We arrived at the two story house that was once called home. Jasper put his hand through his hair nervously. I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled lightly.

"I'll be alright I promise you." I smiled. Before I closed the door I heard Jasper say something.

"Be careful." I nodded and walked up to the two story house. Nothing had changed there was still a chair on the outside patio
along with a ashtray overflowing with ash. The front room window was still up letting in the cool breeze. The welcome mat still stood on the patio right outside the house, but one thing that was different... It felt empty. I knocked on the door and I heard... Nothing... I knocked again and I heard... Nothing. I put my hand on the knob of the door and twisted it but it wouldn't budge. I groaned but remembered...

"Now listen carefully." Her voice was gentle, yet peaceful. Her brown hair was in a braid and carried just a hint of gray.
I stood there watching as she lifted up a rock next to the garden. Right under the rock had a silver key. She tossed it to me. I stumbled trying to catch the key. I grabbed the key but stumbled falling on the ground.

"Ouch." I grumbled. My Mom giggled and held out her hand. I grabbed it and smiled at her.

"If you ever leave your key you know where to find the spear." She smiled. I looked I was about ten or so. I tossed the key back to her and she grabbed it and placed the key back in place. She walked over to me and embraced me in her arms.
"I love you so much." She stated softly.

"I love you too Moma."

I smiled at the thought. I lifted up the rock up and saw the silver key. I grabbed it and walked back up to the house. I put the key in and twisted the door. It opened...

"Hello?" I asked. I walked to the living room and saw beer bottles all over the floor. The TV was on and I saw my father body on the couch. He was asleep...
I went to the TV and turned it off.
I groaned and was about to leave the room when I heard someone speak.

"Your here." I heard his raspy voice.

"Yeah I am." I didn't know what to say and didn't spit anything out of my mouth that was stupid.

"Is that Hale boy outside?" His voice raised. I rolled my eyes ignoring the question.

"I showed up to talk."

"What are you trying to persuade me to leave town? Because I ain't leaving this town without you. I'm not leaving you with those blood thirsty vampires! All my life I thought they were just in stories, but they ain't. We're only food to them... Don't you see it!" He yelled. Suddenly I heard the front door slam open. The next moment I saw Jasper hold my dad by the neck.

"You'd better watch your mouth." Jasper stated his teeth clenching. My fathers eyes held fear.

"Jasper let him go!" I yelled. Jasper looked at me and dropped him. Jasper came up to me and he held sympathy in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" Jasper mumbled. I wasn't mad at him. We made a deal and he stuck to it. Jasper groaned and stood beside me.

"I want you to leave! Don't you see it Dad I don't want you here! Just leave..."
I stated. My dad walked closer to me and Jasper stood in front of me. It happened so suddenly my dad dropped to the floor unconscious...

"He drank to much." Jasper stated. "We gotta leave alright?"

"I'm going to write a note okay?" I asked.
He nodded and kissed my check. I grabbed a piece of notebook paper out of the cabinet. Another  flashback hit me...

I sat at the hospital chair. The minutes felt like hours and I didn't want to sit on this uncomfortable seat anymore. My father tapped his foot against the flooring eagerly. We both got up immediately when the doctor came out.

"Is she okay doc?" My father concern voice asked. The doctor gulped. "Please tell me she's okay." He begged. The doctor shook his head.

"She didn't make it through surgery." He spoke. Tears threatened to spill and soon enough they fell like a water fountain.

"No she can't be!" My Dad screamed.

"I'm sorry sir." The doctor stated looking him in the eye with sympathy. My dad grabbed the doctor and it all happened like it was in slow motion. My dad got pulled away from the doctor by others as they took him out of the room. His screams could be heard out of the room as I fell on the floor in tears.

~•~•~
Word Count- 1,052

A/N- I'm sorry this chapter was sad!!! It'll be more happier in the next one I promise! Anyways I hope you all have an amazing Day/Night! :3